Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has the ford fitted moutune 275 package in Australia?

Hi all just about to pick my new St up in the week.
I'm still toiling about getting the upgrade kit from new as is Under a lease and warranty is important

Does anyone here have it? I know is expensive but it is still warrantied which is mainly why I'm thinking of getting it

A few reviews say is great but major issue is the lack of LSD. I've also read that the mountune rear mount greatly helps that here.

Love to hear from anyone that has the Ford fitted system and thoughts.... I'm assuming hand controller allows you to dial back.

Thanks all :) and looking forward to cruises..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all just about to pick my new St up in the week.
I'm still toiling about getting the upgrade kit from new as is Under a lease and warranty is important

Does anyone here have it? I know is expensive but it is still warrantied which is mainly why I'm thinking of getting it

A few reviews say is great but major issue is the lack of LSD. I've also read that the monotone rear mount greatly helps that here.

Love to hear from anyone that has the Ford fitted system and thoughts.... I'm assuming hand controller allows you to dial back.

Thanks all :) and looking forward to cruises..

Got it anyway will see soon I guess :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Got it anyway will see soon I guess :)

I'm sure you meant mountune ;), but I digress ...

I can't speak of the tune, as I have piecemealed mine together... but the parts are of excellent quality. I do have the rear mount, and although I can't tell you how it would compare to an LSD, it does make shifting smoother and the car feel more connected. It adds a bit of vibration at idle, which is fine with me, but I also have read (going to test it soon) that with an added traction bar you can smooth those vibes out as well as eliminate the rest of the torque steer. You certainly will be happy with the 275 kit, that is absolutely for sure! Probably happier than me (and I am thrilled), since I only am using the Cobb OTS tune for my parts :( ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you meant mountune ;), but I digress ...

I can't speak of the tune, as I have piecemealed mine together... but the parts are of excellent quality. I do have the rear mount, and although I can't tell you how it would compare to an LSD, it does make shifting smoother and the car feel more connected. It adds a bit of vibration at idle, which is fine with me, but I also have read (going to test it soon) that with an added traction bar you can smooth those vibes out as well as eliminate the rest of the torque steer. You certainly will be happy with the 275 kit, that is absolutely for sure! Probably happier than me (and I am thrilled), since I only am using the Cobb OTS tune for my parts :( ...
Thanks Peregriner

Yes the mountune , very bad mistake on my part.

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow.

I'm in Vegas next month for work so think I'm going to get some parts delivered to the hotel ?

At least a rear motor mount.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Thanks Peregriner

Yes the mountune , very bad mistake on my part.

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow.

I'm in Vegas next month for work so think I'm going to get some parts delivered to the hotel ��

At least a rear motor mount.

Well, you won't be disappointed! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you won't be disappointed! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Thanks Peregriner,

Just left the dealer, I think they said they are still getting a few CEL on some of those here in Australia, but they said they will address that if that happens.

Still a day or so away before I get it . :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow (bloody keyboard and double post). Sound is amazing. Just also find the plug was inserted and the manual says remove for optimum performance. Would be good to know in figures the differences with and without the plug of anyone has done any tests?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Wow (bloody keyboard and double post). Sound is amazing. Just also find the plug was inserted and the manual says remove for optimum performance. Would be good to know in figures the differences with and without the plug of anyone has done any tests?

Talking about the air filter plug?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol yes sounds different, maybe notice difference but could be noise. Ran it on E85 yesterday , 107 octane ... Very nice

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool great to hear. Btw over there in two weeks :)

Sent from my S8 whilst sideways in my Mountune FoST (on the track of course ;))

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only issue was increase in torque steer with all the additional torque. But that can easily be fixed with rmm

Sent from my S8 whilst sideways in my Mountune FoST (on the track of course ;))

1 - 20 of 27 Posts