Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What happened ? and How did it get resolved? and how many miles youve had the tune..

I read post for post what happened to Focust st2014's car and what the engineers at ford told the service manager at his dealership after his motor blew: "engineers at FRP push the engine to the very limits with this tune" ...ughhhh what??? Why would they do that? what does that do to the longevity of the motor?

Its on my doorstep as of tomorrow morning and im wondering if i should return it.

Also shout out to Duece McCracken for linking me to the thread (buried 475 pages into the Penn. St sub forum) he said this is the third car with an FRPP tune that has blown a motor.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Honestly, with all of the other options out there i would suggest going else where. If you want the warranty go with Mountune, if you're not concerned with warranty go with one of the many trusted ST tuners out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't say for sure. But when I bought my focus it had a new motor and turbo dealer installed. Car only had 50,000 miles. And it had frpp tune on it still when I bought it. Could have been anything. But I will say that tune pulled a lot of boost in low rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts