Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Is anyone running 19" rims? Is that overboard?

I just want to get a feel for what this community thinks.
There are a bunch of guys running 19's here. I just browse through "Post your wheel setup" thread and you'll see what people are running. You really don't gain much expect a harsher ride and more expensive tires.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have 19" (245/35 19 for 7,000+ miles now) and respectfully disagree with all the comments in this thread. Ride quality? If it's diminished, it's not enough to weigh the decision on. And if it is enough, you bought the wrong car anyways IMO if 19" wheels ride too rough for you. Significantly improved handling and steering response. Looks? Does that topic even warrant a response? Awesome deals available on 19" tires. I got PS A/S 3's for a steal from tire rack because Michelin came out with the A/S 3+ and they were moving out the old formula.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have RS2 wheels with Michelin PSS 235/35X19 tires. I chose the PSS because reviews indicated they had much better than average ride quality and low noise levels. An important and often overlooked factor in ride quality is the relationship between tire size and rim width. Rims that are too wide relative to the tire size will cause a rough ride. I have found this combination to have ride quality very close to stock. Steering response is similar also, the PSS have generally slower turn in compared with the O.E. Goodyears but this is mitigated by the lower aspect ratio, (35 vs. 40). Overall weight of this combination is similar as well, the rims weigh slightly more than stock, the tires slightly less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts