Ford Focus ST Forum banner
161 - 180 of 227 Posts

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
2 nights ago it was raining in San Diego, I was tired and just wanted to get home and sleep.
a 2 door white debaged BMW was on the 3rd lane to the right of I-15. I was cruising a little faster and slowly passed him, I guess he didn't like it so he lined up and took off.

I didnt care, I wasn't in the mood and it was raining so the risk wasn't worth it. Meanwhile a lady in a rav4 enters the freeway and merges to the very left lane at 65 lol.

I say okay no big deal just keep your distance, since it was raining hard, I guess she couldnt see and started sliding to the right and use 2 lanes. I was on her right lane, I didnt want to be part of this so I downshifted and noped the **** out.

Guess who was up ahead? yea the BMW guy, he thought I wanted to race so he lined up, I was already pissed I was like alright you want it, sure.

Gapped him twice from 60 roll. He didnt go for the 3rd time 😋 I have the dash cam video, but it doesnt capture side/rear view of cars when they are sent to gapplebee's.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
2 nights ago it was raining in San Diego, I was tired and just wanted to get home and sleep.
a 2 door white debaged BMW was on the 3rd lane to the right of I-15. I was cruising a little faster and slowly passed him, I guess he didn't like it so he lined up and took off.

I didnt care, I wasn't in the mood and it was raining so the risk wasn't worth it. Meanwhile a lady in a rav4 enters the freeway and merges to the very left lane at 65 lol.

I say okay no big deal just keep your distance, since it was raining hard, I guess she couldnt see and started sliding to the right and use 2 lanes. I was on her right lane, I didnt want to be part of this so I downshifted and noped the **** out.

Guess who was up ahead? yea the BMW guy, he thought I wanted to race so he lined up, I was already pissed I was like alright you want it, sure.

Gapped him twice from 60 roll. He didnt go or the 3rd time 😋 I have the dash cam video, but it doesnt capture side/rear view of cars when they are sent to gapplebee's.
Do post.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Sure

Please mute the audio something is wrong with the mic.

2:12 BMW appears
2:36 he wasnt happy
3:00 I wasnt happy

3:40 we line up
4:00 he can not be seen
4:20 line up again

Since I got the memory card out of the car, I have tons of videos to clip to share.

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Sure

Since I got the memory card out of the car, I have tons of videos to clip and share.
This was great, and man, that what was up with the lady in the RAV4? She almost swerved into you. Almost looked like she was intentionally in your way.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
man, after a while you learn to just ignore these things, specially learning to drive in an Asian countries traffic makes this seem very normal lol
but I knew she was going to do that, because experience in much harsher conditions preps you well.

oh and I did wave at the BMW dude and showed a peace/victory however you wanna interpret it lol before taking my exit.

Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sure

Since I got the memory card out of the car, I have tons of videos to clip to share.
You must use rain-x too. Love that ****.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
You must use rain-x too. Love that ****.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I do have rain X but I use Eagle One products. The best nanowax for all surfaces. I showed @dankwise how well it works. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Reactions: dankwise

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Wasn't really a "gap", but more of a "hi there... Still behind you guys". On the way home from work yesterday and was driving behind a guy in a newer mustang (not 5.0, so may have been EB out V6). He comes up beside a previous gen mustang and starts pacing him on the freeway. About 5 seconds later the guy in the last gen mustang kicks it and off they go, so I downshift to third to have some fun, too. Ran it up through the top of 4th and ended up having to let off because I was getting too close for my comfort to the guy in front of me.

Wished it wouldn't have been 80 degrees as the winter fuel caused cylinders 3 and 4 to not get as much advance as 1-2, but the car still did pretty well.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Played around with a 1.6 veloster with the DCT. 40 roll, I didn't hear his honks but I saw him take off so I followed. Pulled even midway through 3rd and kept on pulling away after that.
Cylinder#3 was having a party during that though.😅
Got that negative on my 3rd to 4th shift.
Font Gadget Drink Electric blue Rectangle

Dont freak out, Picture was taken after we had slowed down and stopped when we got back from mexico.

Reactions: W4R

·
Super Moderator
1,631 Posts
Played around with a 1.6 veloster with the DCT. 40 roll, I didn't hear his honks but I saw him take off so I followed. Pulled even midway through 3rd and kept on pulling away after that.
Cylinder#3 was having a party during that though.😅
Got that negative on my 3rd to 4th shift.
View attachment 391040
Dont freak out, Picture was taken after we had slowed down and stopped when we got back from mexico.
JST? I never remember who uses the tables that go over 4.0.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
579 Posts
Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Sure

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Which camera are you using? I have been considering putting one in my ST, but I don't know much about them.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
This is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Which camera are you using? I have been considering putting one in my ST, but I don't know much about them.
tbh any cheap $50 amazon camera will do the job, no need to spend hundreds, they all record 720P very well with good FPS. Even 1080P with 30 FPS.

If you wanna go a lil fancier check out AirOne Mini WiFi Dash Cam 1080P I will be changing mine soon.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
The Cobb OTS stage 0?

You also have eco tune in slot 2 you never use?
Yes Cobb OTS stage 0 just to monitor gauges
I don't think the Cobb tunes have slots?

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Had a jacked up, newer F250 with a 6.7PS pull up beside me at a light on the way home. His lane goes away in about 1/4 mile and there's only one reason to pull into that lane... You're going to hammer on it when the light goes green to get past the guy in the left lane.

He did end up beating me out of the hole (wrong wheel drive problems), but by the middle of second gear we were even. By the beginning of 3rd he was running out of road and my rear bumper was ahead of him and increasing the gap between us, so he backed out of it.

I'm very thankful he wasn't on of those guys who had an 800 hp diesel under the hood... That would have been a very different result, but would still have been a fun run. The new wmi tune had 0 negative corrections, too, which is nice to see. 😁

·
Registered
938 Posts
^^^ ROFL! That was terrible!

As I went to grab my spark plugs, I had the Mom with a vengence in some Lincon/Olds minivan (they have decent power btw) do that mess where she kept matching the speed of other drivers flanking her so I couldn't pass. It wasn't obvious until the 3rd time... Little did she know :devilish:🏎🔥🔥 I use my blinkers/indicators before I actually start moving the vehicle towards the lane I'm planning/trying to get to.

Arrogant drivers going less than 10mph under the speed limit, whom are not in the right-most lane, deserve to get checked every once in awhile. I bet I woke her ass up when I shifted to 3rd and put the moves on her :p

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,526 Posts
^^^ ROFL! That was terrible!
To be fair, the ST was running 14.0s all night spinning badly on street tires. This run He let his freind race it, hence the 15.0. My car was breaking up in 4th gear on this run. Should have gone 12.30s at least.

161 - 180 of 227 Posts