Ford Focus ST Forum banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Oh geez! I remember the "Factory enhanced tune" or some shiz ST owners were saying about certain ST's. "One of the rare ones" it was all bullshit and completely unfounded.
Every brand has that stigma. As a kid I remember dad's friends reminiscing about their cars. Saying yeah that trans am or Chevelle was just built different. All ignorance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
When I get a chance I'll log some 60 -120 times off my TorquePro app along with other times.. When I was completely bone stock the car did 40-60 mph in 2.37 sec, 60-80 in 2.8 sec and 80-100 in 4.0 sec. Probably couldve done a lil better if I had sampled more runs under different conditions but that's what I had saved in my Torque data with a fairly new car & stock FMIC and 100 degree ambient Summer temps.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
745 Posts
Found a 2015ish STi, chrome fat wheels tucked nicely I'm fenders. Temp plate. He pulled right up and down shifted (we were on interstate). Went from 50-120. Jumped on him by a car right off the bat. Kept crawling away until ffs (taller gear?)where he caught a little, but still was behind my bumper. Was done gaining in 5th, only kept ground I had.

Reactions: xTheMan42

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,852 Posts
Found a 2015ish STi, chrome fat wheels tucked nicely I'm fenders. Temp plate. He pulled right up and down shifted (we were on interstate). Went from 50-120. Jumped on him by a car right off the bat. Kept crawling away until ffs (taller gear?)where he caught a little, but still was behind my bumper. Was done gaining in 5th, only kept ground I had.
I assume you had e30 in this tank??

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
745 Posts
Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Did a few runs today with the winter wheels on and got the following times with the FRPP calibration:

40-60 mph: 1.94 sec
60-80 mph: 2.77 sec
80-100 mph: 3.99 sec

Compared to bone stock:

40-60 mph in 2.37 sec
60-80 in 2.8 sec
80-100 in 4.0 sec

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I should add I also always keep the spare tire in the "trunk" with about 100lbs of other "stuff" back there and I also weigh ~205 lbs and had a full tank of Premium gas (93).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Did a few runs today with the winter wheels on and got the following times with the FRPP calibration:

Compared to bone stock:

40-60 mph in 2.37 sec
60-80 in 2.8 sec
80-100 in 4.0 sec
Which gear(s)?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

Compared to bone stock:

40-60 mph in 2.37 sec
60-80 in 2.8 sec
80-100 in 4.0 sec
Cool.

I'd rather see a video of you making a coyote owner wonder why he bought a mustang.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Cool.

I'd rather see a video of you making a coyote owner wonder why he bought a mustang.

Coyote driver be like:

Nose Vision care Jaw Eyewear Gesture

• Haha
Reactions: rob99rt

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
There's a guy with a lowered black Subaru around here with "milf hunter" in big white letters on his front glass, and from what I've seen of him he drives pretty aggressively.

I'm on my way back from O'Reilly and I see him coming up behind me, and I'm slowing down to stop at a red light that's about 3/10s of a mile from the turn in to my subdivision. As I'm sitting there I just know he's going to hit it at a roll, and I'm still on the snow tires, so this might be comical. Sure enough, the light goes green just as he rolls through it around 15 mph so I'm already at a disadvantage as he hammers on it. Up through 1st and 2nd I go as he's there already of me to my right, but then 3rd hits... And that's when he got reeled in and passed. I wound out 3rd to 7k because this thing just pulls HARD on top end now, and I threw it into 4th and hit the gas just a touch as he started catching up to traffic and got on the brakes hard.

Near as I can figure, it got to 100mph in right at 1/4 mile on 215 series snow tires on gritty roads. Overall, I'd consider that pretty good given the circumstances, and I'm certain he wasn't happy with the results.

I'll definitely be looking for him again as I'm certain he works at the King Soopers (Kroger's) down the road from me. No idea what his mods are, but he's surely not stock.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
There's a guy with a lowered black Subaru around here with "milf hunter" in big white letters on his front glass, and from what I've seen of him he drives pretty aggressively.

I'm on my way back from O'Reilly and I see him coming up behind me, and I'm slowing down to stop at a red light that's about 3/10s of a mile from the turn in to my subdivision. As I'm sitting there I just know he's going to hit it at a roll, and I'm still on the snow tires, so this might be comical. Sure enough, the light goes green just as he rolls through it around 15 mph so I'm already at a disadvantage as he hammers on it. Up through 1st and 2nd I go as he's there already of me to my right, but then 3rd hits... And that's when he got reeled in and passed. I wound out 3rd to 7k because this thing just pulls HARD on top end now, and I threw it into 4th and hit the gas just a touch as he started catching up to traffic and got on the brakes hard.

Near as I can figure, it got to 100mph in right at 1/4 mile on 215 series snow tires on gritty roads. Overall, I'd consider that pretty good given the circumstances, and I'm certain he wasn't happy with the results.

I'll definitely be looking for him again as I'm certain he works at the King Soopers (Kroger's) down the road from me. No idea what his mods are, but he's surely not stock.
You had me at "Milf Hunter"...

Nice one man!!

I saw all sorts of fun stuff out today, but I was in the Edge, sigh...

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
841 Posts
I saw all sorts of fun stuff out today, but I was in the Edge, sigh...
That is the way it seems, when ever I am driving the Exploder, I see a few ST's at least. Never fails.

• Sad
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
Third with BT must be outrageous!

Beating Subes never gets old(y)
Oh, it is SOOO much fun. Put your foot down and as the rpms climb the smile just gets wider and wider.

Reactions: Oldandintheway
301 - 319 of 319 Posts