Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,852 Posts
@rob99rt Fyi, theres just a scoche of steam left at the top of 3rd if you feel like ripping a shift next to his window next time. 😉.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Had a guy in a brand new Bronco (still had paper tags) being a butthead in traffic this morning on the way to work. He was left lane camping and refused to get over, so I first tried to ease by him in the right lane only to have him floor it and cut off my opening in front of him. OK then.... Got around the next car in the right lane and saw an opening ahead of him, so I started to ease up on his right again and knew what was coming. As soon as he floored it, I just dropped it to 4th and let the 2867 breath. Blew by him and got into the hole in front of him with no problems at all, and it didn't seem to help his ego. Turd boy at that point just started hanging back and probably pissed off everybody behind him in the left lane as he started pacing the guy that was close to him on his right. What is it with people in this state (CO) and having to be buttholes to those around them? It seriously is an epidemic here with the amount of jerks and buttholes on the road. We truly are the Dead Sea of all crappy drivers... they just all flow downhill into this state.
Driving grenades should become a thing.

I hate people.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
Driving grenades should become a thing.

I hate people.

This would be me every morning and evening to and from work...

Sky Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Hood

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
@20focusSTdriver17 , yeah, my stock Bullitt was just a little slower than my 450-ish whp FoST. 200-ish more HP than your car.

The MT82D4 trans in the 18 plus stangs is a big factor in them being slow. Still, any stock Coyote powered S550 Mustang is faster than a stock turbo ST. Regardless of mods. K03 is lame past 90 mph, ST launches like poo, theres that 40-70 roll where the ST's quicker gearing is nice, but very very short lived.

ST is like 3200lbs, FRPP is a "stage 1" tune, so 245-255 whp on 93.

S550 stang, 3750-ish lbs, 400-430 whp stock.

Its not great on paper.

I was expecting much better from the Stangs myself but so far every encounter has ended the same way..From 60 - 70 to about 110-120 dead even and from that point on they started to gradually pull away. Yes they all knew it was a race as they went WOT and one of the runs we did it 3 times in a row 60 to 120 slow down 60 -120 slow down 60 -120...same results. i say 60 to 120 but the exact range varied, one ~ 50 to 110, one ~ 65 to 117, etc. but all encounters in the same "range". On paper the ST doesnt have a chance but I can only confirm what my experience has been on the open road and I did get my AZZ handed to me on a off the line stop light to stop light by a real factory Rousch Mustang.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
While I do have the FRPP tune I also have alot of supporting mods which adds to the efficiency of the motor along with lighter wheels but at the end of the day the turbo is losing steam approaching triple digits..

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
I was expecting much better from the Stangs myself but so far every encounter has ended the same way..From 60 - 70 to about 110-120 dead even and from that point on they started to gradually pull away. Yes they all knew it was a race as they went WOT and one of the runs we did it 3 times in a row 60 to 120 slow down 60 -120 slow down 60 -120...same results. i say 60 to 120 but the exact range varied, one ~ 50 to 110, one ~ 65 to 117, etc. but all encounters in the same "range". On paper the ST doesnt have a chance but I can only confirm what my experience has been on the open road and I did get my AZZ handed to me on a off the line stop light to stop light by a real factory Rousch Mustang.
You keep doing you, dawg.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Rectangle Font Typesetting Pattern Metal

Reactions: MtnMan and rob99rt

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
That sort of result indicates the 'Stang has chunk more aero drag than your FoST.

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
I wanna try some 30-40 rolls with my bud who has a 19' Gt premium once I get my LSD installed.
I expect to be beat but im just curious how close it will be. Hopefully he'll just spin. Hehe

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Looks like the 2015 only had 420 HP / 390 TQ, when did they get the bump to 460?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
So I'm gonna say the ones I encountered were all 6th Gen 435 hp Stangs.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
I wouldn't expect differently since their frontal area is the same, but...
I went hunting some, and the focus has a lower drag coefficient, I didnt calculate frontal surface area. I never really noticed airflow hindering the ST until past 125mph, I don't notice a hinderance on my Bullitt, but I have a different setup and no spoiler from a normal GT.

Now we get into HP/Weight/frontal area/drag coefficient, and thats assuming stock cars. Wing risers hurt aero, shaved grills hurt aeros, traction bars, RS wings, all that jazz. Lots of variables.

I'm not digging any further into this, cause I don't really care that much. I just know from my own experiences how ST's stack against mustangs, and the HUGE shortcomings of the K03 turbo in a one legger fwd application.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
You must have a unicorn of a ST.

Oh geez! I remember the "Factory enhanced tune" or some shiz ST owners were saying about certain ST's. "One of the rare ones" it was all bullshit and completely unfounded.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Natural environment Cartoon Organism Poster Publication

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
@rob99rt Fyi, theres just a scoche of steam left at the top of 3rd if you feel like ripping a shift next to his window next time. 😉.
Thought about it, but the road was damp (melting snow), and temps were around 25 degrees. I've not been able to do a datalog on the last tune due to traction problems, and I'd rather not lose it at 65 mph... that could be bad for my health as well as the car. ;)

Reactions: TurboGT
281 - 300 of 319 Posts