Ford Focus ST Forum banner
261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
544 Posts
On my way home, sometimes I see a mint color EVO with a Boeing 747 rear wing. It get agitated every time he see me, he usually floor the car to see if I’ll jump on too. But his rear wing is so big, it’s like a parachute for the car, I don’t even bother, he has no chance.

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
On my way home, sometimes I see a mint color EVO with a Boeing 747 rear wing. It get agitated every time he see me, he usually floor the car to see if I’ll jump on too. But his rear wing is so big, it’s like a parachute for the car, I don’t even bother, he has no chance.
You never know...

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
544 Posts
From my experience, either that EVO needs Boeing-size 747 rear wing because it has rockets or the owner is compensating for something.
It struggles to accelerate, top speed is greatly compromised. It seems the rear end is all the way to the bump stops as he try to speed away. One of these days I’ll show him the rear end of my car as it FLY away.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I disagree.

Theres a guy in the next town north of me (we get off the highway at the same exit) that has a gen 3 5.0 mustang that freaking rips in that car. Guy looks like Doc Brown from Back to the Future. I've seen him 3 or 4 times in the last couple years in that car.

Also this

That's awesome! Never too old for some fun. I need a big na v8 in my life.

I was kidding too 😉. I enjoy driving too much to drive boring cars. My boss even wants to take out an insurance policy on me ever since I came to work with the ass of my pants missing after I slid my dual sport bike across 3 lanes trying to make a light at the end of a highway off ramp. I even had time to get up, start the bike and take off before the opposing traffic started moving. I would kill for a dashcam video of it.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
So I'm up to my 4th Mustang GT that cannot pull away from my lil ole ST from a 60 mph roll to ~115 not bad for a turbo 4 vs a V8..

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
It struggles to accelerate, top speed is greatly compromised. It seems the rear end is all the way to the bump stops as he try to speed away. One of these days I’ll show him the rear end of my car as it FLY away.
He has no chance against your Mustang EB Throttle Body!! :LOL::p

• Haha
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts
So I'm up to my 4th Mustang GT that cannot pull away from my lil ole ST from a 60 mph roll to ~115 not bad for a turbo 4 vs a V8..
Im assuming 2004 and older?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
They do sound nice lol

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Photograph Mouth Jaw Gesture Sharing

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle

• Haha
Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
What's done to your car?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Currently FRPP tune, but Ive kept with a few GT's on the stock tune. I will not beat them off the line and they will start to pull on me after 110 but from a 60-70 roll up to 110-120 I'm laughing at them as they start to wonder why they bought a V8 Mustang..of course all that changes after 120 haha

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Currently FRPP tune, but Ive kept with a few GT's on the stock tune. I will not beat them off the line and they will start to pull on me after 110 but from a 60-70 roll up to 110-120 I'm laughing at them as they start to wonder why they bought a V8 Mustang..of course all that changes after 120 haha
I'm not being rude but did they know it was a race? My full bolt on and tuned ST1 wouldn't stand a chance against my stock mustang.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
@20focusSTdriver17 , yeah, my stock Bullitt was just a little slower than my 450-ish whp FoST. 200-ish more HP than your car.

The MT82D4 trans in the 18 plus stangs is a big factor in them being slow. Still, any stock Coyote powered S550 Mustang is faster than a stock turbo ST. Regardless of mods. K03 is lame past 90 mph, ST launches like poo, theres that 40-70 roll where the ST's quicker gearing is nice, but very very short lived.

ST is like 3200lbs, FRPP is a "stage 1" tune, so 245-255 whp on 93.

S550 stang, 3750-ish lbs, 400-430 whp stock.

Its not great on paper.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,626 Posts
Had a guy in a brand new Bronco (still had paper tags) being a butthead in traffic this morning on the way to work. He was left lane camping and refused to get over, so I first tried to ease by him in the right lane only to have him floor it and cut off my opening in front of him. OK then.... Got around the next car in the right lane and saw an opening ahead of him, so I started to ease up on his right again and knew what was coming. As soon as he floored it, I just dropped it to 4th and let the 2867 breath. Blew by him and got into the hole in front of him with no problems at all, and it didn't seem to help his ego. Turd boy at that point just started hanging back and probably pissed off everybody behind him in the left lane as he started pacing the guy that was close to him on his right. What is it with people in this state (CO) and having to be buttholes to those around them? It seriously is an epidemic here with the amount of jerks and buttholes on the road. We truly are the Dead Sea of all crappy drivers... they just all flow downhill into this state.

261 - 280 of 314 Posts