Ford Focus ST Forum banner
221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Nobody wants to race the Bullitt. Some highway ****ery with a slow Maserati, some genesis coupes, a few 3 series bmw, a early 2k M3, and some kind of Alpha romeo sedan? Played with a Stang GT with an exhaust.

Overall, havn't had anything pull on me yet. Just a matter of time though.
could your old focus take the bullitt, say from like a 50 roll? :devilish:

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
could your old focus take the bullitt, say from like a 50 roll? :devilish:
Yes, the bullitt has 3.55 gearing, and is a dog. My Focus was 600 lbs lighter, and made the same or more whp. Plus, tuning. If I tune the Schtang, it'll wake up, stock tuning is boring for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Yes, the bullitt has 3.55 gearing, and is a dog. My Focus was 600 lbs lighter, and made the same or more whp. Plus, tuning. If I tune the Schtang, it'll wake up, stock tuning is boring for sure.
Smile Facial expression Muscle Product Cap

That's twice I've gotten to use this pic on mods. 😉

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Not sure if I want to 93 tune, E85 tune, or just hold out for the Whipple.

Long tube headers are next, then tunings on the table.
Hold out for the Whipple SC... A guy at work did that and seriously needed wider tires for drivability.. Sounded pretty cool, but then again... :p

I gapped EVERYONE. No one knew I was going for it as soon as the light turned green, but I had 3 stores to hit, no passengers, and people were getting out of work early 'cause WTF Wednesday... I was on the white line at every light somehow, and did not waste the opportunity.

...Except the lady whom decided to move from behind me to beside me into a lane that immediately ended after the intersection. NOPE! I should have gone all launch control on her and stuck my tongue out or something (cause that's just a blatantly arrogant thing to do in an SUV with 2 or more kids in it) , but traction controls were on, lol. Got done in 30 minutes and cracking a beer with a smile 😅

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Had some fun on the way home from work tonight (after an 11 hour day) with a co-worker who owns a new f350 diesel. He tried a couple times to get ahead of me at lights, as well as in one straightaway, and it didn't turn out well for him. I went through a LOT more WM mix tonight than normal, but it was so much fun.

Mobile phone Telephone Telephony Mobile device Communication Device

Reactions: Skykri and TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
This isn't as much of a "who did you gap" story, but a "oh crap, she's gonna blow that engine" story... Came up beside a younger girl (probably early 20's) driving a dark blue FL ST with temp tags on it and gave her a thumbs up. I'm going a little faster than her, so she ends up dropping behind me a bit. Once she's about 60 yards behind me, I start hearing the sound of a motor being worked WAY too hard at a low RPM.. you know.. that low, growly sound where the motor's being lugged under boost... and she goes by me at a not-so-swift pace. We were only going about 50 at this time, so I'm going to assume she was in 5th or 6th when she hammered on it. Big smile on her face as she goes by, but I'm just cringing inside... Wanted to yell "downshift that thing!" out the window. Can't imagine that motor lasting long with her behind the wheel if that's how she's driving it.

I also passed a moron driving a VW SUV on the 2-lane after following him for about 2 miles of 38 mph top speeds in a 50-zone. I had to wait for a passing zone (even though there was no traffic on the double-line area) and this retard refused to speed up above 38... Now, I get it that we'd just come through a 35 zone in the town, but it's pretty clearly marked as 50 once you get out into the country. Dipstick, though, just decided to cruise at 12 under the limit. As I passed him in 3rd I got a retard-on-a-drumset hyperactive "you're number 1" salute from him. Ok, man... whatever makes you feel better...

Seems all too common around here in Colorado that those who hold up traffic on purpose feel free to flip off, yell at, or even sometimes pull up next to you at the next stop and threaten you after you finally get around them. Not sure if the abundance of soy and granola they eat has affected their mental faculties (maybe it's the weed?), or if they're just morons by nature, but either way they're thick around here...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
@rob99rt , or they are just plain unaware that anything changed and they need to comply with the actual rules of the road... These/those people seriously 'grind my gears', lol.

Everyday on the exit off the highway I have to deal with people that don't understand the term 'yield' as I enter into the frontage road. I don't mind being a little bit of a bully, @$$hole, whatever (it's been more than a decade of dealing with these self-important @SShats, just numb at this point), but it funnels into a single lane for those that need to go straight (like myself). It's a 50mph road, but with a construction wall and the tiniest of a turn... Everyone but me, apparently, goes like 30mph. I'm pretty sure going 20mph under the limit is illegal. and in a construction zone to boot!

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
@rob99rt , or they are just plain unaware that anything changed and they need to comply with the actual rules of the road... These/those people seriously 'grind my gears', lol.
I don't think they're unaware. They're just buttholes. They're their own little Napoleons who want to control everyone else behind them. It's the same Karens and Kens who are constantly posting every day on apps like Nextdoor complaining about some guy changing the oil in his driveway, or somebody with grass 1/2" too long.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not so much a gapping, but I was behind an RS on my way to work in Mexico.
We were on the expressway, had some slower traffic to the right and when the slow poke in front of him got out of the way I heard him downshift, he floored it, I followed suit (the pedal is to the metal sir) and I had to brake because I was going to run into him.

He was definitely not stock, so I dont know if he was only half assing it or what. It was spitting fire on his downshifts and decel.

It was fun, only in Mexico kids! ¡andele!

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Speaking of RS, how do you all think my FBO 93 tuned ST would fare against a bone stock RS?
There's a guy in town that's willing to drive down to Mexico so we can do some 30 and 40 rolls.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Speaking of RS, how do you all think my FBO 93 tuned ST would fare against a bone stock RS?
There's a guy in town that's willing to drive down to Mexico so we can do some 30 and 40 rolls.
An RS that's bone stock from a roll? You're probably going to walk away from him... The RS is great off the line thanks to the AWD, but from a roll they're not THAT fast....

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
101 Posts
We were going about 50 or so when the fun started, im also fbo 93 tuned. I dont know all the mods that guy had but it was an aftermarket exhaust and I saw an accessport hanging in the window. So I'm guessing you might do surprisingly well against a bone stock RS from 30 or 40.

Or maybe I'm just living in fantasy land. 🤔

Let us know how it goes!

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
We were going about 50 or so when the fun started, im also fbo 93 tuned. I dont know all the mods that guy had but it was an aftermarket exhaust and I saw an accessport hanging in the window. So I'm guessing you might do surprisingly well against a bone stock RS from 30 or 40.

Or maybe I'm just living in fantasy land. 🤔

Let us know how it goes!
I'll be sure to. Last time we lined up on a cruise we ended up turning before we ran so meh. Hopefully we can run again before he changes anything.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Sunday morning on the way to work security at church I got beside a BMW 430 at a light. It's a double-left turn lane that goes into a freeway on-ramp, which then has about 1/8 mile of 2-lane before it merges to 1. That morning the air was thick for us here at a mile in elevation, with a air density correction of .948, as it's usually in the mid/upper .8XX's. Light goes green and he takes off kind of hard on the inside lane. I have to make up some distance being on the outside, and with the skinny snow tires on the car, I have to take it easy until I get it straight. Once we get straight, though, it's hammer down and I start catching up to him. Hit third when I was just about next to him and at that point I start pulling away pretty easily. By the end of the on-ramp, I was 3-4 car lengths ahead of him (and going about 85), so I just shift up to 6th and let it coast back down to 70. A few seconds later he comes flying by and passed me at probably 90, moves to the far left lane, and goes cruising down the road at WAY over the posted speed.

Don't think he was happy about a Focus smoking his $40K Beemer.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Oddly enough. A caddilac Eldorado.
Kept bothering with me on the way home so about 20 minutes in I slowed way down and dropped it into 3rd and waited for him to take off. Gave him a throttle blip and he took off. Gained back the head start I gave him in 3rd. Shifted to 4th and just kept on pulling away. Went straight from 4th to 6th and kept cruising.
Typical flyby after I had already put half a football field on em. Whatever. At least they stopped bothering me with their stupid 9k blue poorly aimed LEDs. Lol

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I'll be sure to. Last time we lined up on a cruise we ended up turning before we ran so meh. Hopefully we can run again before he changes anything.
what ever happened with this, did you run the RS??? I would say the RS would take you since they are already at 350/350 stock with AWD..

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
what ever happened with this, did you run the RS??? I would say the RS would take you since they are already at 350/350 stock with AWD..
We haven't run into each other since then.
I'll ask him next time I see him if he wants to run after I fix my transmission. Lol

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Ran off and left a wrx sti hatchback from a 25-30 mph roll up to about 75 on the way home. Looked like he finally gave up once I had a couple car lengths on him.

Can't wait to get the 2867 on it in a few weeks once that shows up.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts