Ford Focus ST Forum banner
201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Got behind some moron chick today in a Passat with temp tags, but this time on the 2 lane with no passing zones for miles and just lots and lots of lights.. She apparently had no idea how to make it go above 40, even in a 50 zone, and getting going from a light could have been timed with a sundial.

When we finally got a new lane on the right I scooted over since she didn't and blew by her, getting the accompanying "you're number 1" from the land whale in the driver's seat and passenger as well.

I REALLY hate the drivers around here for the most part. Either they won't go the speed limit and go 5-10 under in every lane but the far right, they blow red lights constantly, sometimes by 2-3 seconds, or they left lane camp right at the speed limit or under.

I swear Colorado is like the Dead Sea when it comes to drivers. All the crappiest drivers just get on 70 or 25 and slowly coast to the state, polluting it for the rest of us. Are we really the roach motel for the US' worst drivers?

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Got behind some moron chick today in a Passat with temp tags, but this time on the 2 lane with no passing zones for miles and just lots and lots of lights.. She apparently had no idea how to make it go above 40, even in a 50 zone, and getting going from a light could have been timed with a sundial.

When we finally got a new lane on the right I scooted over since she didn't and blew by her, getting the accompanying "you're number 1" from the land whale in the driver's seat and passenger as well.

I REALLY hate the drivers around here for the most part. Either they won't go the speed limit and go 5-10 under in every lane but the far right, they blow red lights constantly, sometimes by 2-3 seconds, or they left lane camp right at the speed limit or under.

I swear Colorado is like the Dead Sea when it comes to drivers. All the crappiest drivers just get on 70 or 25 and slowly coast to the state, polluting it for the rest of us. Are we really the roach motel for the US' worst drivers?
Maybe they are all stoned and think they are going the speed limit...back in the day...way back in the day when I used to smoke I would do the same thing until I finally looked at the speedo. Then I would speed up just long enough to forget I was going too slow...and slow down again. It was probably pretty funny to watch, unless you were behind me.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Maybe they are all stoned and think they are going the speed limit...back in the day...way back in the day when I used to smoke I would do the same thing until I finally looked at the speedo. Then I would speed up just long enough to forget I was going too slow...and slow down again. It was probably pretty funny to watch, unless you were behind me.
Given her size she definitely had the munchies a lot in her life, but I don't think it was from weed..

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Dodge challenger RT
I guess it upset him because he didn't come back to the meet spot.
He didn't have anything done except an obnoxious exhaust. Was talking a TON of crap to a local subie owner.
Example:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Electric blue Darkness

Turns out the subie is full built motor big turbo pushing 460 to all 4 wheels. Ooof.
He backs out Monday when they were supposed to race.
I call him out because it's "just a focus"
And it's slower.
He agrees to run me.
I let the subie guy know, subie gaps him, I gap him. Good times.

·
Administrator
12,616 Posts
Dodge challenger RT
He didn't have anything done except an obnoxious exhaust. Was talking a TON of crap to a local subie owner.
Example:
View attachment 396044
Turns out the subie is full built motor big turbo pushing 460 to all 4 wheels. Ooof.
And it's slower.
He agrees to run me.

Geez, didnt even look like a race. Wtf

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Dang, @Skykri that was sad... like making babies cry sad.

I think that's a charger, not a challenger, btw...

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,589 Posts
Dodge challenger RT
Example:
View attachment 396044
And it's slower.
He agrees to run me.

Awesome, priceless 👍😄😎.

What is your current setup? tuned, catless, FMIC for sure,
can't remember if you did big turbo or other stuff too?

·
Registered
84 Posts
not today but yesterday tried to gap a stinger but it exited the hwy before I could get them to bite 😁 opportunity slipped right through my fingers haha

·
Administrator
12,616 Posts
Nobody wants to race the Bullitt. Some highway ****ery with a slow Maserati, some genesis coupes, a few 3 series bmw, a early 2k M3, and some kind of Alpha romeo sedan? Played with a Stang GT with an exhaust.

Overall, havn't had anything pull on me yet. Just a matter of time though.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,526 Posts
Nobody wants to race the Bullitt. Some highway ****ery with a slow Maserati, some genesis coupes, a few 3 series bmw, a early 2k M3, and some kind of Alpha romeo sedan? Played with a Stang GT with an exhaust.

Overall, havn't had anything pull on me yet. Just a matter of time though.
I actually had a quick hit with a new bullitt a few weeks ago. Sounded like he only downshifted to 5th though so i got him in the ST. A longer run, he would have walked right on by.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Awesome, priceless 👍😄😎.

What is your current setup? tuned, catless, FMIC for sure,
can't remember if you did big turbo or other stuff too?
FMIC, Catless DP, MBRP3" RS intake w/greenfilter
Edge conservative 93 tune because I'm not trying to blow the motor. Lol

We were actually talking with a cool cop for a solid hour before and he jokingly called out the challenger saying he'd run him in the explorer. Lol

Dang, @Skykri that was sad... like making babies cry sad.
Literally everyone locally had the same sentiment. Subaru guy said poor kid.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts