Ford Focus ST Forum banner
181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Obvious 'internet reaction'. I NEVER want to see my car, or any car like it lose! When the video started, my optimism was instantly crushed.... LOL.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
Obvious 'internet reaction'. I NEVER want to see my car, or any car like it lose! When the video started, my optimism was instantly crushed.... LOL.
If someone lent me a pair of slicks, I'd run the ST. On the 96, I've been cutting 1.7 and 1.6 60' times on those old Mickey Thompsons in the video. But its pretty much pointless to go to the track without them. Maybe ill have to find a generous local guy to let me use some on my ST after i get the powermax.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If someone lent me a pair of slicks, I'd run the ST. On the 96, I've been cutting 1.7 and 1.6 60' times on those old Mickey Thompsons in the video. But its pretty much pointless to go to the track without them. Maybe ill have to find a generous local guy to let me use some on my ST after i get the powermax.
OOOOooooo, I like the sound of that! Those would/will be some decent real world #'s to look at. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate such runs 🏆

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Came up on a probably early 20-something guy in a bmw going 40 in a 45 zone in the left lane. The lady beside him in the right was pacing him some, so it took a while to get around them. Further down the road is a long red light at which I got stopped. The light turned green just as he got to it, and I heard him punch it. Can't have that now, you spoiled brat... By the top of 2nd he was a car length behind and I was quickly opening up more space, so he backed out of it.

He stayed well behind me for the next mile before he turned off and he looked pretty mad in my rearview mirror. Dipstick even had temp tags on it, so it was brand new to him.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Driving to work saw a Hyundai N and pulled up next to him, I showed him the peace sign and he rolled down his windows, I said nice car put in in N mode. He smiled and said "I got you bro"

got ahead and showed some pops and bangs, I must say very clean sounding and not overly done.
I pull up again and say that sounded sexy, but I can beat you lol.

He said "oh yea" with a smug. I said lets do it, we made enough gap between us to do a pull in 3rd, by 4500 RPM I was gapping him and a car was in front of me so I slowed down. He herd the BOV but he trusted his N a lil too much. I did tell him its a BT so he doesn't feel bad about his new N :p

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Had a guy in a jacked-up RAM Rebel 1500 come up beside me at the light I usually get stuck racing folks at (the one with the right lane that goes away) yesterday. When the light went green he got on it pretty hard, but by the time I was at the top of second I was opening up space between us so he had to tuck in behind me. Later on I gave him a thumbs up when he passed me on the 4-lane, which was reciprocated.

The funny one this morning was a guy in a several-years-old Camry that simply would NOT stop trying to race from a light. I think I got beside this guy 4 times at lights, and we were the first ones in line. Same story every time... light goes green, I start to accelerate and he hammers on it. I roll into the gas and by the time I'm doing 50 he's behind me. I slow down, he blows by, he gets stuck at next red light beside me again. Best part is that he apparently works at the same location that I do as I saw him turn into one of the campus entrances. Seriously, man... it's an old Camry. Now the newer ones have a 0-60 of around 5 seconds flat in TRD form, but an old LE... nope.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,523 Posts
You guys have much more interesting Drives than me. Hardly anyone in my area drives cool cars or if they do they dont appreciate Them. Mostly just asshats camping in the left lane in their honda CRV or Estes semi truck (i think left lane camping Is part of their driver training).

I do see other STs quite often But theyre always travelling in the other direction on the interstate.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Well, when you do a lot of driving where stop lights are prevalent, you tend to have a few more "opportunities" than when all you do is freeway.

We have our share of left-lane campers here, that's for certain... morons driving at the speed limit or under it in the left lane, and then when you FINALLY get around them in the right lane (because flashing your lights while behind them often results in a brake-check or flip-off), they'll still flip you off and yell at you. People out here around Denver are seriously deranged while on the road. They don't give a rip about the rules of the road. I see at least 1 T-bone accident a week, too, because folks will run lights that have been red for 2-4 seconds... Insurance here is high for a reason...

Reactions: Coolpool and MtnMan

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,589 Posts
My commute is 4 lanes, so good opportunities for ping ponging around left laners if not too busy. 😕😁

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
My commute is 4 lanes, so good opportunities for ping ponging around left laners if not too busy. 😕😁
Just 2 lanes here with my commute... and you'll get lines of folks stacked up because the front right lane idiot will be pacing the front left lane idiot... It'll go on for miles until one of them needs to get off at an exit. I've seen more than one person get fed up with it and use the shoulder to go around them.

Reactions: TurboGT and MtnMan

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Had my first "spirited commuting" with ST's this past weekend!!!

Friday with an Oxford white with pink trim stuff all over, couldn't best me.

Sunday I wrastled with a Tuxedo black with crackles n pops, he bested me.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,589 Posts
I see a white one occasionally in my neighborhood, he said nice ST once. A tangerine scream in town too, but don't see it much.
Saw a red one at gas station when I had my last car, asked the guy about it. Was very positive. 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
We have a pretty decent group here. Don't get together too often tho.
Couple of regular fiesta and foci that want to be STs. Lol
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Sky

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
...and where is the gap talk?
I got gapped by the fiesta across from mine when I was stock, red ST with RS bumper is making like 450 wheel, so that's a no.
White ST behind that one has a big turbo, so that's also a no, everything else it'll be close or I'll pull on.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Had my first "spirited commuting" with ST's this past weekend!!!

Friday with an Oxford white with pink trim stuff all over, couldn't best me.

Sunday I wrastled with a Tuxedo black with crackles n pops, he bested me.
What'd she look like?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Absolutely wiped the floor with a truck.

He was behind me at a light, I was first in line. It turned green and I took off spiritedly but not full bore. I glanced in my mirror as I heard his turbo spool and saw him start dumping black soot.

I matted it, and he hopped in the other lane in an attempt to pass. But he was already several car lengths behind me at this point, still rolling coal at I assume full throttle. We went around a gentle curve at maybe 60-70 mph and I lost him.

I think he had to let off on the curve to avoid rolling over lol. It was definitely the most satisfying race I’ve ever had, I didn’t have to smell a single particle of his soot. I felt bad for the people behind him though he was really making a lot of smoke and those poor bastards had nowhere to go.

181 - 200 of 227 Posts