Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Who did you gap today?

43K views 494 replies 79 participants last post by  Dirtfiend602 
#1 ·
Just a fun thread, who did you race today in mexico? did you gap them ? tell us about it!

#9 ·
So i read this thread title and this was my first thought.

"Your mom last night"

In a more appropriate answer, lol

A ghetto ass 350z with a ricer exhaust. Sooo loud, no chance 0-110

Held my own with a modded challenger hemi, manual, obnoxious exhaust. 30- 120

Oh, and Im driving my Edge Sport right now, lmao. My focus would just mop the floor with these clowns, lmfao!

#14 ·
lol, no gapping here...but I was the only ford in a pack of BMWs runnin LA (mexico) to SAC (clearly also in mexico).

three bimmers and me...and with so many decoys, set a new personal record of 4:29 door-to-door!

BTW...Waze rocks ?

#16 ·
I tho

ugh I was the only one that see every Prius driving like a ass on the hi way.

Reactions: STacey3
#19 ·
Gapped a friend in his VW Golf GTI Mk VII in a 50 - 140 mph run. Although he started loosing at 100 already. But since he boasted before that he'd shred me at speeds above 130 kmh (80 mph), I went on with it. Gap was a good 100 yards in the end. Gave him some water for that burn afterwards.

#23 ·
This morning a guy in a brand new Tacoma (paper tags less than a week old) came flying up beside me on an on-ramp and hammered on it for several seconds down the road. I caught up to him at a light and proceeded to walk away from him as he was trying to keep up. Next light I let him take off a touch before me and then ran past him barking the tires hard on the 2-3 shift a little in front of him. At that point, he just slowed down and stayed way behind me for another couple miles before turning off. Sorry, man, but "Taco Tuesday" isn't turning out too well for you...

Reactions: TurboGT
#28 ·
Here in Ohio, constantly gapping trucks I never even hit full throttle either it’s embarrassing. I did however get happed by a fellow ST driver on the highway. Made me do all my most recent purchases lol and then my buddy Has a Chevy SS and my SRT4 is almost finished so I’ll be hurting his feelings pretty bad this spring I’ll post an update on that later

#31 ·
I was just leaving a light the other night and as I hit second, the freak in the Honda floored it. I rolled into to avoid lighting the tires and started to pull away. I hit third and he was gone. Do not miss with the old guy in the ST; I was stoplight racing before you, and maybe your father was born.

#32 ·
Tried to get a stock looking WRX to go, as he pulled a dick move and cut in front of me at a stop light. He decided against it. I did it mostly because he pissed me off by cutting in front of me. I normally don’t go looking for challenges. The funny thing is, the first 2 years I owned my FoST nobody messed with me. For some reason in the last couple of years, I get people wanting to go with frequency.

#33 ·
2008 Acura TL Type S- mods unkown had exhaust intake and possibly other things had the blue and yellow bright hids so assume he had all the jdm tack on's.

He was darting through traffic to get next to me and we both got first at a red light.

Started from a dig but i babied first chirped 2nd. It was an even take off until i chirped 2nd then i kept pulling through each gear to 5th gear. at the end had him by about 2-3 buses :)

I was shifting at 5200rpm each time no flat foot shifting.

#35 · (Edited)
Got behind a 20-something year old guy in a Volvo sedan of some sort (no badges, non factory dual exhaust, and it sounded pretty good) on the way home from work on the 2 lane. While accelerating from a light he decided to hammer it and I let him pull away. Up and over the bridge he goes where the road turns to 4 lanes, and with how the lights are timed, you always hit it red. I pull into the right lane which goes away about 1/8 mile past the light, while he sits behind the lady in a new Edge beside me in the left lane. I look in the mirror and see the guy back up and pull behind me with this big grin on his face. This might get interesting...

Now this light is long... So we just sit. No revving, just taking it easy. The whole while I see him just smiling in my rearview mirror. Cross light goes yellow, red... And a second later my light finally goes green.

Now I'm on snow tires, the road is gritty and warm from the sun, and this intersection is awful for bad wheelhop with the ruts you drive over coming off the line from all the semis that run through this as cross traffic, so you can't launch hard.

So I take it fairly easy in first and short shift at only about 3k, hit second and he's of course right there behind me still smiling, but I finally get past the ruts and hammer it. He is right behind me until I get to about 4k in second and then the gap starts getting bigger. Slam 3rd, nice loud bark of the tires, and then I back out of it at around 70 when he's 3 car lengths behind. We slow down to the speed limit and he stays with me most of the way home.

He ended up turning into a neighborhood about 3/4 mile from my house and flashed his lights as he was turning in. I gave him a wave and went on home with a smile on my face.

Always fun when you get to race a guy who has a good attitude even when he loses.

ETA: From pics I've found it looks like it was an S40 T4 or T5, but I don't know enough about them to determine which it was... like I said, it was debadged. Never heard a blow-off valve, so maybe it was the supercharged version, but it was shifting FAST when he accelerated hard in front of me initially. Way faster than a manual.

Reactions: misnblu and TurboGT