Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Font Screenshot Web page

Did anybody on here buy that one this morning?? I was about to buy that! The best price I've seen elsewhere was $718 on amazon. I found a vendor willing to pricematch it though.
Anybody know anywhere cheaper?

It was either this one or a Greddy, but me likey the gurgles of the Borla!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Smart move going for the Borla. I am not very happy with my Magnaflow exhaust. I think any system that gets rid of the muffler or uses a straight through style is going to have some kind of sound or resonance annoyance. I've considered getting just the muffler and adding it to the back part of my Magnaflow system.

So to answer your question, I did not get the last one.

Reactions: MikeyRobez

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud. I was going to do a res or muffler delete, but I'm afraid to make it sound like crap, and then that money is wasted and end up buying a catback anyway lol. So I figured I'll just do it right the first time. But now deciding which one is my dilemma.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love my Borla CBE.

·
Registered
363 Posts
On the topic, I had to wait almost four weeks for mine to get to me. Borla was back ordered on them and couldn't keep up with the demand.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Any drone at any speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noop.

No drone even doing 85 down the highway.

It's a great sounding exhaust. I had a Borla muffler on my old car and it sounded awesome.

Reactions: Fidget08

·
Registered
142 Posts
On the topic, I had to wait almost four weeks for mine to get to me. Borla was back ordered on them and couldn't keep up with the demand.
Lol that's not as bad as waiting 4-months for my intercooler! Sounds good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lol that's not as bad as waiting 4-months for my intercooler! Sounds good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
LOL I had to wait four months for my IC as well.

Reactions: jbeatzs31

·
Registered
406 Posts
I can get you a borla at that price, they are on back order from now until the 21st. Shoot me a message and I'll give you more details.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pipe Automotive exhaust Eyewear Exhaust system Auto part

Why do some of the Borla tips look like the top one, and others look like the bottom?
I think the top are FRPP and bottom Borla, right? Just confused me because people are referring to the top one as the borla (which I guess it technically is...)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Try CFM Performance or Vivid Racing, I got mine shipped for 720 I think
I've heard people have found them for under 700 but I couldn't
If you do though don't tell me so I don't become depressed

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
View attachment 196233

Why do some of the Borla tips look like the top one, and others look like the bottom?
I think the top are FRPP and bottom Borla, right? Just confused me because people are referring to the top one as the borla (which I guess it technically is...)
I think the top is the Borla tips, the inside of my borla system looks like the top photo. From my understanding the two systems are almost identical however the FRPP has an extra resonator. I think they are both made by the same manufacturer

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I think you may have the "finned tips" that are on the FRPP. They are the same exhaust aside from the tips and the resonator (and ford vs borla stamp as well)
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/18045-ford-racing-performace-exhaust-vs-borla-2.html

The Borla Tip does not have the "Fins" on the inside of the tip. Your Ford Racing Exhaust should be Stamped "Ford Racing" on the muffler. It should also have a "Ford Racing" printed on the topside of the exhaust tips. The tips are also constructed differently, the Ford tips have a "Finned" inner layer. Take a look at the photos below:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well my Borla has the finned tips with the Borla stamped on the outside.

@jbeatzs31 I haven't installed the IC yet. I still have a set of RA flaps to install as well. Can't do much work on the ST when living in an apartment.

Reactions: jbeatzs31

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can get you a borla at that price, they are on back order from now until the 21st. Shoot me a message and I'll give you more details.
Try CFM Performance or Vivid Racing, I got mine shipped for 720 I think
I've heard people have found them for under 700 but I couldn't
If you do though don't tell me so I don't become depressed
I got mine from Vivid Racing, but had to wait for four weeks until I got it from Borla (drop shipped). They were backed up badly about this time last year. If you want Borla, go ahead and order your exhaust now. By the time it gets there, the weather should be warming up enough for you to install it (if it's cold where you are). ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Also remember, the Borla only has the muffler (no resonator). The FR CBE has a resonator on theirs even though it is the same exhaust.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts