Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

- My stock turbo blew after a mixed e85/premium fuel tune.
- When the turbo blew I had to drive it with zero boost to get home and there was white smoke coming out like a barbeque.
- This may have been the oil emptied by the blown turbo.
- After installing Garrett it was still happening, and we emptied the intercooler of oil which had left over (Garrett) and checked exhaust pipes and fuel ratios.
- The mechanic has been in the industry for decades and tested the car for hours but couldn't find the problem.
- I bought a catch can to fix the issue but I want to fix this in case something worse happens to the car.
- The smoke happens at high RPM from fourth gear onwards
- I also have a custom tune using COBB accessport

Has anyone ever heard or know of this happening and why?

Thanks,
Vafa

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it's Grey smoke, could just be there is still some oil left in the intake tract somewhere from when the turbo blew. If it is truly White smoke, that could only mean one thing - water is getting into the cylinders and being burned off. Usually this means blown head gasket. If it is, you'll see your coolant level start dropping and/or excess pressure in the cooling system after some driving.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Do a compression test and check your coolant. White is water and if there was anything left from the oil turbo, it should have made its way out by now.

Did your mechanic pull the intake manifold and clean it out?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
When the turbo blew did it dump oil into the exhaust?
It could be the resonator or exhaust packing has oil trapped in it and only blows it out/burns it off at high rpm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

• My stock turbo blew after a mixed e85/premium fuel tune.
  • When the turbo blew I had to drive it with zero boost to get home and there was white smoke coming out like a barbeque.
  • This may have been the oil emptied by the blown turbo.
  • After installing Garrett it was still happening, and we emptied the intercooler of oil which had left over (Garrett) and checked exhaust pipes and fuel ratios.
  • The mechanic has been in the industry for decades and tested the car for hours but couldn't find the problem.
  • I bought a catch can to fix the issue but I want to fix this in case something worse happens to the car.
  • The smoke happens at high RPM from fourth gear onwards
  • I also have a custom tune using COBB accessport

Has anyone ever heard or know of this happening and why?

Thanks,
Vafa
Hey there brotha!! , unfortunately I’ve ran into the same problem, I ran e85 on my stratified tune a few months back and my car is still in the shop because of the smoke. I was just wondering if you got your fixed? If so... what was the result or the issue?

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,440 Posts
Holy thread resurrection, Batman...

Don't think vafa is going to reply since he was last seen in 2017.

vafa
Registered · From Melbourne
Joined Jan 28, 2016
Last seen Mar 19, 2017

1 - 10 of 10 Posts