Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since it’s tax season it to time to get a bigger spooly boi. But I’m indecisive lmao.

so obviously I’ll say I want GTX2867r it’s the best bang for my but I don’t want to spend the money because 2k for turbo? But it’s worth it I know it

But in my area there’s a used GTX2860RS for 1k cheaper not as much fun as the 2867r I understand but a better upgrade than stock ko3 . But my thing isn’t the 2860rs just like a hybrid turbo essentially?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
What are your power goals and what supporting mods do you want to buy? The 2860RS will get you into the low/mid 300s and have a stock like instant spool. It will act like your stock turbo as far as response goes but will pull to redline (which is fun!)

Now if you want more power than that, then you need a bigger turbo. If you want to make full use of that bigger turbo, you will need to add aux fuel or WMI to get there. The 2867r will have more room to grow into. For example, you can keep your stock fueling and still enjoy the 2867r with low/mid 300hp. I drove over a year with my efr around 330whp and it was still real fun. Then i added aux fuel last year and it is even more fun with the extra power.

There is no wrong answer, both will be more fun than the stock turbo :) Just depends on what power you want and what you want to spend

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your power goals and what supporting mods do you want to buy? The 2860RS will get you into the low/mid 300s and have a stock like instant spool. It will act like your stock turbo as far as response goes but will pull to redline (which is fun!)

Now if you want more power than that, then you need a bigger turbo. If you want to make full use of that bigger turbo, you will need to add aux fuel or WMI to get there. The 2867r will have more room to grow into. For example, you can keep your stock fueling and still enjoy the 2867r with low/mid 300hp. I drove over a year with my efr around 330whp and it was still real fun. Then i added aux fuel last year and it is even more fun with the extra power.

There is no wrong answer, both will be more fun than the stock turbo :) Just depends on what power you want and what you want to spend
My goal is to just a have decently fun daily and I do wanna keep a stock feel but. I went with 2860rs just to feel the difference and it was cheaper lol but I know im know going to max it out quick because I have the wmi kit waitng for me. Ive already got all the supporting mods Ill believe i need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts