Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ST, and I've finally decided I wanted to do something about the weird gas pedal placement. I've come across 3 different designs for an accelerator pedal mount:

-Active Shift Designs, about $60.
-Garageline, about $70
-Breedt, about $80

The Garageline seems to be adjustable laterally, and that looks like a good feature. But among others who have taken a look at these things, which one do you recommend and why?

·
Administrator
12,183 Posts
I have a 2013 ST, and I've finally decided I wanted to do something about the weird gas pedal placement. I've come across 3 different designs for an accelerator pedal mount:

-Active Shift Designs, about $60.
-Garageline, about $70
-Breedt, about $80

The Garageline seems to be adjustable laterally, and that looks like a good feature. But among others who have taken a look at these things, which one do you recommend and why?
Rofl, theres different thicknesses you need to be aware of as well.

A pedal spacer is much more of a driver specific mod then an universal "have to have"

I run a breedt Thin spacer. It has 4 positions . I run it stock position just spaced out. It is a fantastically made piece. Maybe you want thicker, idk, its your personal preference.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Don't think anyone can recommend which out of the three for you to like because I highly doubt anyone would have bought or tried all three of them.

It is guaranteed however, that ANY of those will be better than stock.

I have the garageline one and it works well for me. ***** to install though ! Be prepared to lose skin off your knuckles !

·
Registered
78 Posts
All of the "ST" spacers I found were 1.5", which I figured was a little too high for me.

I bought an "RS" spacer from something like "your Little CNC Shop" it is great and only 3/8".

Still lower than the brake pedal but not too high where when braking the gas pedal would be above the brake

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, I see you can get the Garageline for $65 now, was over $100 3 years ago when I got mine. And they now make it as a slider now left-to-right so you can dial in your preferred position; nice! Their 38mm seemed nice at first (better than stock), but then as I started to track drive my car I ended up milling it down a little at a time until I got it where I really like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, thanks for your help! I'll take a look at it a little more I suppose. In the past with all the other manual cars I've driven, I've never had any issues with heel-toe shifting so I've never paid any attention to the spacing of the pedals.

On the Breedt website, it mentions the thin spacer makes it so the pedal is closer to the firewall. Isn't that the opposite of what you want? Isn't the purpose of the pedal mount to place the pedal closer to the driver?

If I'm not mistaken, the Garageline is a set height but allows lateral movements, while the Breedt has a set height option but also allows one lateral adjustment, and one adjustment to shift the brake pedal lower?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts