Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out what will work best.

I've got some SpecD projector headlamps that use H1 as a low beam. I've got halogens in there now, no issues they just don't match the Morimoto LED projector fogs and it's really bugging me.

So I ordered some LED H1s after doing some research, but evidently not enough because they definitely will not fit, the size with the fitted fan I just can't get the clamp for the bulb around.

So now I'm thinking I may need to go HID with a 6000k temp, does anyone have these headlights and gone from halogen to something else? Want to figure that out before I order a new kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
maybe a retrofit? I haven't found many threads about modding the headlights. I got the ST3 mainly for the headlights, but I still feel like they could be improved.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the current headlights installed

·
Registered
130 Posts
Okay so I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out what will work best.

I've got some SpecD projector headlamps that use H1 as a low beam. I've got halogens in there now, no issues they just don't match the Morimoto LED projector fogs and it's really bugging me.

So I ordered some LED H1s after doing some research, but evidently not enough because they definitely will not fit, the size with the fitted fan I just can't get the clamp for the bulb around.

So now I'm thinking I may need to go HID with a 6000k temp, does anyone have these headlights and gone from halogen to something else? Want to figure that out before I order a new kit.

Are you trying to put something other than the hologen bulb in the the ST3 headlight? If so from my experience it won't work. It would require a retro fit

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you trying to put something other than the hologen bulb in the the ST3 headlight? If so from my experience it won't work. It would require a retro fit

So I am trying to go to non-halogen lights, but these are Spec D headlamps not the factory ST3's. Not sure of the difference honestly, but I'd imagine the projector/housing would at least be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts