Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but have been reading like crazy all over this website about parts, upgrades, do's and dont's, etc.

But to get to my question. Where is a good place in South Florida to get a ProTune or should I just get a custom tune online? I've seen a lot of you guys get custom tunes from stratified and others virtually and I'm just looking for some guidance. I'm looking to order with a Depo BEAST IC this week so I'll be Stage 2. An help would be great!

Thanks! Brenden

·
Premium Member
3,575 Posts
I am Custom Stratified myself but from what I have experienced is you get a better tune online than on a dyno. Hear me out first before flaming everyone. On a dyno you are not in a real world situation pushing air at higher speeds and not getting enough airflow. You can only put so many fans in front of the car to keep enough air going through the car. Plus you get a real numbers as far as load when doing 3rd/4th gear pulls when doing data logs when on the road as opposed to a dyno. I have been extremely happy with my tune and don't regret part of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the opinion man. Since I got the Cobb AP i want this thing to go as fast as possible. I definitely like the Cobb stage 1 MAP but everyone says that you cant beat a custom tune. Plus I don't even know of anyone who ProTunes that is local so I'll probably go with your advice and look into online custom tunes. My ST is a daily driver so I definitely want someone who is reliable/has a good rep.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I be careful if you trying to push the car to go fast as it can don't get a of the shelf tune get a custom, I personally use stcx4 with torri's unleashed tune since 45k miles back, you have the ap so I personally would go with stratified ,online custom tuning is the way to go, welcome to the forums and be safe!

·
Premium Member
3,575 Posts
Thanks for the opinion man. Since I got the Cobb AP i want this thing to go as fast as possible. I definitely like the Cobb stage 1 MAP but everyone says that you cant beat a custom tune. Plus I don't even know of anyone who ProTunes that is local so I'll probably go with your advice and look into online custom tunes. My ST is a daily driver so I definitely want someone who is reliable/has a good rep.
Well to tell you from my experience again, look into a E85 tune. Totally worth it and you will not regret it(E30 is the fastest you can go without upgrading the turbo).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well to tell you from my experience again, look into a E85 tune. Totally worth it and you will not regret it(E30 is the fastest you can go without upgrading the turbo).
Yeah the E85 has been in the back of my mind. I might have to take that jump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I be careful if you trying to push the car to go fast as it can don't get a of the shelf tune get a custom, I personally use stcx4 with torri's unleashed tune since 45k miles back, you have the ap so I personally would go with stratified ,online custom tuning is the way to go, welcome to the forums and be safe!
Thanks man! I'm going to go with stratified. All the arrows are pointing towards them.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Thanks man! I'm going to go with stratified. All the arrows are pointing towards them.
That's the way to go. Even their ots tune is going to be much better than cobbs maps. I'm running their stage 2 ots right now and will hopefully be going full stage 3 with an E30 slot in the next few months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, you all convinced me without a doubt. Online tune with a few slots - 93oct and E85!!

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I don't believe we have anyone worth getting a tune from in South Florida. Theres a few places down south, but they don't do many STs, so i wouldnt trust them.

You're better off getting an e-tune, from any tuner here. My personal opinion is - Freektune first and Stratified in an extremely close second. I have tried both/have, but granted my stratified tune was a flash e30 tune and my freektune are all custom tunes, so not exactly a fair comparison a. I can tell you, the tuning process with stratified is unmatched.

Surprised I haven't seen you driving around. I have the ricer sounding blue ST, with the LOLMS3 tag.

EDIT: I forgot, if you are set on getting pro-tune, the only people i would recommend are Power-By-The-Hour. They are HUGE in the mustang scene. Frank at PBH is an old co-worker of mine from Wayne Akers, and they have tuned a few STs. Thats the only shop in South Florida i would trust with tuning, or any motor work.

There is also another shop further south by the name of Relentless Customs, but they don't do tuning, and focus more on Speed3/6 and Subarus, but they also are trust-worthy when it comes to motor stuff. If you want more info on either, PM me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't believe we have anyone worth getting a tune from in South Florida. Theres a few places down south, but they don't do many STs, so i wouldnt trust them.

You're better off getting an e-tune, from any tuner here. My personal opinion is - Freektune first and Stratified in an extremely close second. I have tried both/have, but granted my stratified tune was a flash e30 tune and my freektune are all custom tunes, so not exactly a fair comparison a. I can tell you, the tuning process with stratified is unmatched.

Surprised I haven't seen you driving around. I have the ricer sounding blue ST, with the LOLMS3 tag.

EDIT: I forgot, if you are set on getting pro-tune, the only people i would recommend are Power-By-The-Hour. They are HUGE in the mustang scene. Frank at PBH is an old co-worker of mine from Wayne Akers, and they have tuned a few STs. Thats the only shop in South Florida i would trust with tuning, or any motor work.

There is also another shop further south by the name of Relentless Customs, but they don't do tuning, and focus more on Speed3/6 and Subarus, but they also are trust-worthy when it comes to motor stuff. If you want more info on either, PM me.

Thanks for the tips bro. I've definitely seen you around! I remember that license plate lol. I really think I'm going to go with an e-tune though. There are tons of awesome reviews about them over pro-tunes and I really don't feel comfortable getting a pro-tune from a shop who doesn't specialize in ST's. Might get that e30 tune!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts