Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everybody I need some advice. Currently my 2013 focus st is equipped with a CAI from central Florida motor sports, catless downpipe, and unleashed tune. I am looking to eventually do a big turbo. My question is where would you guys go from here? Finish bolt ons or straight to big turbo? Another thing is would a cat back be worth it? I'm not really looking for extra sound however if it gains me power it would be worth it for me. I'm on a budget and power is my goal. Any advice is really appreciated. Thank you all as this forum is super helpful to me.
Kyle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay but what about the exhaust situation? Will I gain power or is it not worth it?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
This. Intercooler is arguably a more important upgrade than CAI for the ST.
It's not a point of argument at all. Intercooler is much better. Stock intake is fine
Okay but what about the exhaust situation? Will I gain power or is it not worth it?
You won't see any gains until you go big turbo.

Sent from another potato stuffed in my shorts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
There is really no need for an intake on our cars at all, unless BT.
The biggest hinder point on the entire car is the FMIC, especially in heat prone locations.

They have proven on flow bench that out intake outflows the stock turbo's capabilities ... amazingly ford designed something on the over-kill front for once.

The exhaust is a noise adder until BT ... its not essential and in some cases and elevations, its actually detrimental to be hitting 3" exhausts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just chiming in on the exhaust. I'm running a levels performance catless downpipe and a stock exhaust. Car made 405whp / 405wtq on the stock exhaust with a gtx2867 and 50/50 e85 (aux fuel). The only important thing for you now is getting a solid Intercooler. I would contact Russ at DeadHook MotorSports as he is releasing his Intercooler very soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts