Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing research for weeks and can not seem to find a final answer on how to get RAP for an aftermarket amp, loc and sub. I want my aftermarket equipment to function just like the factory radio (stays on with engine off until you open the door).

Is the consensus that this isn't possible on the mk3 focus? Everything I find says to use F85 under the passenger side fuses but this fuse cuts power with the engine, meaning the stereo stays on but the amp and sub don't until you open a door. Is this how people are running their systems?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
get a good quality interface such as a LC2i or amp that has signal sensing, then you don't even need to find a turn on wire at all.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a good quality interface such as a LC2i or amp that has signal sensing, then you don't even need to find a turn on wire at all.
Yeah I plan on doing the lc7i. In one of skizzos videos he mentions the lc2i draining his battery, has anyone else experienced that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pin 2 on the factory connector. Rises to 12V when you turn the radio on, stays there for ~30s after you turn it off (or open the door). Verified with a multimeter in my car.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Does this stay powered when listening to something like a CD or USB not just the radio? You want to make sure it's not the antenna amplifier wire.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is the power antenna wire, and it is on regardless of source. I am using it to turn on both my amps, and 90% of the time I am using the USB or CD. Haven’t had a problem yet.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
good to know.

for what its worth, I'd recommend using that wire to trigger a relay if powering anything else. most amps are well designed and shouldn't have too much of a current draw for the turn on circuit, but I have seen a few amps draw way too much power just for a turn on signal and cause damage to a factory radio's outputs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts