Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Where is ST built?

23K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  nickbaldwin86 
#1 ·
I apologize if this has been posted before. But where is the 2017 ford focus St built? I ve heard Germany but this can't be right... Thanks

#3 ·
The cars are assembled in Wayne, MI. The Parts Content label on the window of my 2015 ST said the following:

Engine: Germany
Transmission: Germany

For vehicles in this carline (I assume the overall Focus line):
US/Canadian parts content: 40%
Major sources of foreign parts Content: Mexico 25%

#9 ·
Yes, sadly so. At least for the U.S. market. And there is no confirmation on whether there will be an ST or an RS available. It's possible they could continue making them in Germany and export the hotter versions to the U.S. but I'm pretty sure I read all Focus production for the entire world is shifting to China. Please feel free to correct me if someone finds a good link to the information.

#11 ·
My 17' ST was made in Michigan, last of the V8 Interceptors!

Reactions: guyinohio
#13 ·
its ok 2019 ST will be China built and looks gross so pretty easy to pass on. also a 3 banger ... not much room for after market to play (never been able to leave a car alone [emoji14] )
There isn't a 2019 ST. More likely 2020. Also the MKIII was a four cylinder compared to the MKII five cylinder. So all the aftermarket support had to change to accommodate the new engine.

Sent from another garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.