Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has been posted before. But where is the 2017 ford focus St built? I ve heard Germany but this can't be right... Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Michigan. Just the RS is built in Germany. Our engines come from Spain and the transmissions from Germany. The next Focus, and there is no word on whether there will be an ST, will be assembled in China. I pass.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The cars are assembled in Wayne, MI. The Parts Content label on the window of my 2015 ST said the following:

Engine: Germany
Transmission: Germany

For vehicles in this carline (I assume the overall Focus line):
US/Canadian parts content: 40%
Major sources of foreign parts Content: Mexico 25%

·
Registered
344 Posts
Australian delivered Focus ST's are made in Saarlouis, Germany :) don't think it would be worth the time and effort to set up a production plant in Australia with a population of around 23 million.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, sadly so. At least for the U.S. market. And there is no confirmation on whether there will be an ST or an RS available. It's possible they could continue making them in Germany and export the hotter versions to the U.S. but I'm pretty sure I read all Focus production for the entire world is shifting to China. Please feel free to correct me if someone finds a good link to the information.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
My 17' ST was made in Michigan, last of the V8 Interceptors!

Reactions: guyinohio

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
its ok 2019 ST will be China built and looks gross so pretty easy to pass on. also a 3 banger ... not much room for after market to play (never been able to leave a car alone )
There isn't a 2019 ST. More likely 2020. Also the MKIII was a four cylinder compared to the MKII five cylinder. So all the aftermarket support had to change to accommodate the new engine.

Sent from another garage.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
MY 17 has a big ole sticker in the pass rear windows saying built in Michigan.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
There isn't a 2019 ST. More likely 2020. Also the MKIII was a four cylinder compared to the MKII five cylinder. So all the aftermarket support had to change to accommodate the new engine.

Sent from another garage.
MK4 then... sorry . new body is grossss opinion but most agree and a 3 banger that is rumored to push 275.... isn't leaving much room for aftermarket. honestly the 4 banger 2L we have without internals scares me passed stage 3.

Either way I understand why they want a lighter 3 banger with better MPG but I don't care about either of those things, I would rather have a 5cy motor with a bigger turbo :p haha I would love an RS3.

If i was dreaming but dreams turned into a smaller higher output motor... while I was dreaming bigger higher output motor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts