Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the acessport changes the rev cut off to 7200 rpm where does the "unsafe" or bad for your motor red line actually begin now? How bad is it on the engine to hit the new 7200 rpm cut off?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Since the acessport changes the rev cut off to 7200 rpm where does the "unsafe" or bad for your motor red line actually begin now? How bad is it on the engine to hit the new 7200 rpm cut off?
Well you definitely shouldn't hit the electronic redline, but I've seen people "money shift" and go above 8,000 and their cars are fine. That said, I've also seen people on the forum "money shift" and it resulted in them losing their motor lol. I think the "mechanical redline" is 8xxx something. Just stay away from it imo. You don't really make any power above 6k anyway

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you definitely shouldn't hit the electronic redline, but I've seen people "money shift" and go above 8,000 and their cars are fine. That said, I've also seen people on the forum "money shift" and it resulted in them losing their motor lol. I think the "mechanical redline" is 8xxx something. Just stay away from it imo. You don't really make any power above 6k anyway
I try not to there just times when I'm pulling out into traffic I'll hit it being so focused on building up to speed to keep up and watching my mirrors I'll accidently hit it. I have to admit though with Stratified tune I have it sounds kind of bad ass when it bounces off it sounds like flames are shooting out my FRPP cat back or how you wished the crackles tune sounded.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It shouldn't be bad at all if thats where COBB sets it. If it's dangerous for the motor, they should change it. The factory set rev limiter is there for a reason, to keep the engine from spinning into the stratosphere in a situation where you miss a gear (not money shift) or rev in neutral. I have no idea what these motors can handle as far as RPM's, but if it bugs you, i have to imagine it can be changed back to stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts