Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3149356/essex-souped-up-car-filled-with-toxic-gas/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-TheSun-_-News-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

POLICE have revealed the chilling way poisonous exhaust fumes would have filled a souped up car leading to the tragic deaths of a young couple.

Authorities carried out the tests on car enthusiast Tom Putt’s Ford Fiesta ST as part of the investigations into the death of the 20-year-old alongside Nikki Willis, 23, in Chelmsford in December last year.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
This was posted already this morning on here somewhere

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Wasn't this debunked as far as that the cat did it? Wasn't the leak earlier somewhere in the line? Also, the "illegal mods go bad" title is a little off-putting. Makes it sound like they were doing bad things rather than an overreaching government.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Wasn't this debunked as far as that the cat did it? Wasn't the leak earlier somewhere in the line? Also, the "illegal mods go bad" title is a little off-putting. Makes it sound like they were doing bad things rather than an overreaching government.
In the other post we commented on the leak being from where the downpipe meets the turbo, which is prior to the cat. Also, hood vents would have nothing to do with it as well.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/off-topic/91977-downpipe-leak-causes-death-fiesta-st-owner.html

·
Registered
352 Posts
This can happen to anyone in any car, new or old or modified. A couple of years ago they found a young couple dead in their VW Golf around here at a rest area. It was cold and they stopped to rest, left the car running without cracking the windows and were found dead.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The reason the "cat" is mentioned is because the aftermarket downpipe on that car was there to replace the factory catted downpipe. Most people replace the downpipe to remove the cat, increase flow and improve performance. The cat is attached to the factory downpipe or is it not on an ST or FiST? It's also my understanding that the fresh air intake for the AC/vent system on a FiST is on the outside of the car, by the windshield wipers and is typically protected from engine fumes and exhaust by the seals on the hood. You put some vents right below this system and then have carbon monoxide being vented from those vents right into the intake for the AC and boom. Dead people.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is why you turn the car off before getting weird with each other on the side of the road.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
This is why you turn the car off before getting weird with each other on the side of the road.
Yeah right, I put my RMM in so I could add to the vibes and help the ladies along :in love:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yeah right, I put my RMM in so I could add to the vibes and help the ladies along :in love:
I went with the 401X package that came with full silicone Recaro seats with optional heated and vibrating butt plug!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I went with the 401X package that came with full silicone Recaro seats with optional heated and vibrating butt plug!
My dealer is a jerk, didn't even tell me about those options.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My dealer is a jerk, didn't even tell me about those options.
Did you order yours? I had mine built. Also got the sunroof to help air out the car so it doesn't smell like sex all the time.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
386 Posts
Say the sound symposer was deleted, along with the hoses, it would leave a gaping hole through the firewall directly above turbo/DP and into the ventilation system. Stationary, effectively all the air sucked in by the ventilation system would come from the firewall hole, path of least resistance.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Say the sound symposer was deleted, along with the hoses, it would leave a gaping hole through the firewall directly above turbo/DP and into the ventilation system. Stationary, effectively all the air sucked in by the ventilation system would come from the firewall hole, path of least resistance.
Most come with a plug for the hole in the firewall.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
She was hot, shame.

The story really focused on how modding your car can lead to death. Weird angle to write it if you ask me, but then again the media is convinced that guns kill people by themselves, so I guess it's to be expected

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
She was hot, shame.

The story really focused on how modding your car can lead to death. Weird angle to write it if you ask me, but then again the media is convinced that guns kill people by themselves, so I guess it's to be expected
When people discover I carry and ask me "That thing isn't loaded is it?!" I usually reply with "No, I prefer to beat my attackers with my handgun when they threaten my life."

·
Registered
660 Posts
When people discover I carry and ask me "That thing isn't loaded is it?!" I usually reply with "No, I prefer to beat my attackers with my handgun when they threaten my life."
Wait here while i go get my gun out of the safe, remove the trigger guard, load it, and rack a round. It will just take a minute. What was that combination again? I know I wrote it down on a post-it note and left it in this giant pile of papers on my desk. You know what, let me just run to the kitchen and grab a knife. Now I am at a disadvantage here since your baseball bat is longer than I can reach with this knife so be a gem and stand still while a jab you in the neck...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts