Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if a similar thread already exists but I am a fairly new ST owner and I thought this would be good information. Please do not include cost of mods (performance/cosmetic). Just limit it to scheduled maintenance, repair costs and wear and tear.

Date of purchase: 31-May-2017 (New)
Mileage when purchased: 41
Mileage now: 9002
Issues: None
Maintenance: $42.95 (1st Scheduled Maintainance: 5w30 Motocraft Premium Synthetic Blend - 5 quarts, Motocraft FL-910S filter)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Purchased mine in 2012 (2013 model, first year model). Just shy of 70,000 miles and on my third set of tires. First set was the OE Goodyears, all other sets have been Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Normal oil changes (Royal Purple) and flushed the transmission once so far with Motul (getting ready to do it a second time). I did the Wilwoods on the front as opposed to replacing with OE brakes, and just did the rear brakes with EBC pads and Rotors. Couple cabin filters and windshield wipers.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Purchase: Sep 2013 (new)
Mileage at purchase: 28
Mileage now: 36,xxx
Issues: None
Maintenance: a lot of oil changes, and 2 full sets of tires.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Purchased new Sep 26th '16
Maintenance plan rolled in
Suppling my own oil (Ams oil)
Miles purchased 152
Early first change @ 2.5k miles 0$
7.5k miles 48$ Ams oil
15k miles 48$ Ams oil + 50$ Transmission swapped to Ams. (Dealer didnt charge labor)
20 nee wheel nuts destroyed by dealership, 120$, fully reimbursed.

Total cost of maintenance 146$ so far.

18k miles as of post.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Purchased Dec 15, 2012, Oct 17, 2017 - 14750 miles,
4 oil changes, mobil 1 full synthetic, mobil 1 oil filter,
1 green air filter, 1 K&n, I don't bother cleaning them, they look dirty so I toss em
Second set of summer tires, original set 2 tires damaged by road debris
On my second set of summer rims, roads in NNJ suck, bent the first set, fixed, bent again, gave to the recycler guy in town.
Plus wipers 2 times a tear, wiper fluid, and misc stuff.
I never really give maintenance a thought, I just do it when i think it needs it whether it does or not.

I problem spent about 3500 ...wow...

I had a 1989 eagle talon that i had till 2005, i sold it with 90000 miles in great shape.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
August 2013, a few miles, now 82,000, one set of tires, one set of wipers, one cabin filter and 15 or 16 oil changes Motorcraft 5W-30 and FL910; dealer special, $10.70 oil and filters for life. For a car that can go from pretty docile to pretty stupid in a heartbeat it is amazingly easy to live with.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Date of purchase: July, 2014 (second owner, was traded in after three weeks of ownership)
Mileage when purchased: 1500
Mileage now: 47,912
Issues: Occasional idle stumble, but rare and never stalls.
Maintenance: Oil changes every 5,000 miles (Mobil 1, done by me). Air filters and cabin filters. A few sets of wipers. Surprisingly, original tires have 5/32 left, but I do switch to winter tires and 90+ percent of the time I drive it like a normal car and I don't brake hard. Unfortunately, somehow I got a gouge in a sidewall, so a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 is on its way. Will be about $700 installed for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts