Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of picking up a set of wheels in 18" but was always of the mind set of lowering before wheels.

How does our stock ST suspension look with different wheels?

I thought I saw some users on here and it doesnt look half bad.

Anyone have any pics I can go by?

Thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've been asked a couple of times in public if my car was lowered. Im stock and I believe that's why we can get away with it. Our cars come factory either slightly lowered or at the least it gives of like we are lowered.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I've been asked a couple of times in public if my car was lowered. Im stock and I believe that's why we can get away with it. Our cars come factory either slightly lowered or at the least it gives of like we are lowered.

Our cars are certainly low sitting cars stock compared to many. Ever try to get a 3 ton jack under your car? I struggle every single time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Our cars are certainly low sitting cars stock compared to many. Ever try to get a 3 ton jack under your car? I struggle every single time.
I have 2 low profile jacks that I had from my honda days lol. The problem I have is that our cars are pigs and weigh alot. 3300lb focus>1600lb crx, my jacks struggle lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I have 2 low profile jacks that I had from my honda days lol. The problem I have is that our cars are pigs and weigh alot. 3300lb focus>1600lb crx, my jacks struggle lol.

Yeah we have 2 little jacks too that just don't cut it. So we wedge the 3 ton in there and chip away at raising it on the jack stands lol

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yeah we have 2 little jacks too that just don't cut it. So we wedge the 3 ton in there and chip away at raising it on the jack stands lol
It's had me looking into mobile lifts that I could keep in my garage. Then it looked like they'd be around 2k and I wasn't so sure it was a "need". I have a dream of owning a big barn type garage that will have tons of lifts and it will be filled with all sorts of cars. Right now I'm living above my parents garage struggling with car jacks tho :crazy:

Reactions: Zeek and brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
It's had me looking into mobile lifts that I could keep in my garage. Then it looked like they'd be around 2k and I wasn't so sure it was a "need". I have a dream of owning a big barn type garage that will have tons of lifts and it will be filled with all sorts of cars. Right now I'm living above my parents garage struggling with car jacks tho :crazy:
Hahaha I feel you I feel you. The struggle

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am a field supervisor for a maintenance company. We have alot of high end properties, one of the are these condos which are small in surface area but make up for it by being 4 and 5 stories high. So the 1st floor is a 1 car garage, one day I'm on the property and notice a guy open his garage door. He backs up a Porsche 911 gt3, then goes back in and presses a button. Then i see a rhd original mini Cooper come down from the ceiling. He put in a lift in his garage so he can fit both lol. That is a life goal of mine now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=208545&d=1485566340"]
[/iurl]

Here is mine, not lowered.
Great looking setup dude. I've seen your car on here before and one of my favorites. Offset, above all other dimensions, is the most critical to get right and will make or break a good looking set up.

Here's mine not lowered...but not for long. Got one of the last sets of MFactory YCW coil overs on the way. Yes, these are 19", but the overall tire diameter is close to stock, so the visual reference still gives you the same image.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great looking setup dude. I've seen your car on here before and one of my favorites. Offset, above all other dimensions, is the most critical to get right and will make or break a good looking set up.

Here's mine not lowered...but not for long. Got one of the last sets of MFactory YCW coil overs on the way. Yes, these are 19", but the overall tire diameter is close to stock, so the visual reference still gives you the same image.
Thinking about putting 19's on my car, looks awesome. What wheels do you have on right now?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks. Niche Targa. 19x8.5. Forgot the offset, but this size only has one so, easy to pick. As you can see, they're a perfect fit.

·
Registered
802 Posts
MkII RS wheels with 20mm spacers front and rear, 245/35R19 MPSS tires, bone stock suspension. No rubbing whatsoever.
IMG_20160423_131706.jpg

18x9.5+40 poke out a lot ? or will it look ok on stock suspension ?
What size tire? 265/35 would poke out a fair amount, more than I would care for on unrolled fenders.

Reactions: 16screamST

·
Registered
39 Posts
[iurl="http://www.focusst.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=208545&d=1485566340"]
[/iurl]

Here is mine, not lowered.

Both great looking setups..no doubt.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts