Ford Focus ST Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm like inches away from ordering a set, I have read this whole thread, but I need to make sure of a couple things.

1. Do I have to have hub centric rings, sorry just quite clear on?
2. Do I have to have longer lug nuts? Currently have gorilla from cjponyparts.com
3. Has everyone just swapped out their TPMS sensors from old stock rims to new rotas?
4. On H&R springs and daily driver is 9.5 width really too much??? I feel like I'm going insane. I've put the 8.5 and the 9.5 in the cart 300 times (feels like)!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm like inches away from ordering a set, I have read this whole thread, but I need to make sure of a couple things.

2. Do I have to have longer lug nuts? Currently have gorilla from cjponyparts.com
3. Has everyone just swapped out their TPMS sensors from old stock rims to new rotas?
4. On H&R springs and daily driver is 9.5 width really too much??? I feel like I'm going insane. I've put the 8.5 and the 9.5 in the cart 300 times (feels like)!

Thanks
If you get them we gotta meet up sometime so I can check them out im in Houston too!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Thanks
I have these exact questions! Is there anything I need to buy to swap the TPMS sensors? I know tirerack sells a rebuild kit or something.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Depending on miles, you may be better off having a shop swap them (on them if they break them) or buying another set. Have the set mounted along with tires by wheel dude.

Your aftermarket lugs should be good. The stock ones are just too wide for anything aftermarket.

Should order a set of hub rings from wheeldude. Pain in the ass ordering from Amazon and the built wheels from wheel dude usually do not already come hubcentric

9.5 may be too wide but it depends on if your car is lowered, offset of the wheel ordered, and stretched tires?

I'm running 10" wide and I have to cut my fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Depending on miles, you may be better off having a shop swap them (on them if they break them) or buying another set. Have the set mounted along with tires by wheel dude.

Your aftermarket lugs should be good. The stock ones are just too wide for anything aftermarket.

Should order a set of hub rings from wheeldude. Pain in the ass ordering from Amazon and the built wheels from wheel dude usually do not already come hubcentric

9.5 may be too wide but it depends on if your car is lowered, offset of the wheel ordered, and stretched tires?

I'm running 10" wide and I have to cut my fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool thank you a ton for your help and I talked to wheeldude.com today and added the rings for $10. I went with 8.5 hyper black and am absolutely stoked.
Now, tires are a different story, I was going to get the bfgoodrich super comp 2 in a 235/40 18 but they are on national back order. So the tire place says I can get 245/40 18 in that tire. Should I do that or stick with stock measurement in a falken.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Our $100 off summer sale discount for Grids is almost so get your while you can! Just enter coupon code 100offdude at checkout and you should be good to go!

181 - 190 of 190 Posts