Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Curious as to why you just don't order the right offset wheels?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Curious as to why you just don't order the right offset wheels?
Can't answer for the OP but for me it's to get the enhanced look/performance on the stock wheels at a low pricepoint. Wheels are on the list for me but are lower priority than other mods.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Can't answer for the OP but for me it's to get the enhanced look/performance on the stock wheels at a low pricepoint. Wheels are on the list for me but are lower priority than other mods.
I work in the wheel and tire industry and have dealt with spacers and all the issues that come along with them so it just kills me to see people using them. I understand why people do, but it still irks me.

(stretched studs, cross threaded studs, bearing wear, tracks usually don't allow them, centering/balancing issues if not hub centric, lugs coming loose over time if not installed properly and re torqued, etc. )

Reactions: I'm Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wheel spacers safe ??

I work in the wheel and tire industry and have dealt with spacers and all the issues that come along with them so it just kills me to see people using them. I understand why people do, but it still irks me.

(stretched studs, cross threaded studs, bearing wear, tracks usually don't allow them, centering/balancing issues if not hub centric, lugs coming loose over time if not installed properly and re torqued, etc. )

Hi,thank you for your posting.
Do you think are wheel spacers safe or dangerous ?
Most drivers say it is as long as installed properly but some will say it's not.
I want to buy a set of wheel spacers online then let my mechanic install them.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Hi,thank you for your posting.
Do you think are wheel spacers safe or dangerous ?
Most drivers say it is as long as installed properly but some will say it's not.
I want to buy a set of wheel spacers online then let my mechanic install them.
Personally I will never run them, I will always buy the proper offset wheels. There is a reason that race tracks don't allow them. But........with that being said if you are going to buy them, make sure they are hub centric to the vehicle and hub centric to the wheel. Generally they require you to cut the studs, so if you ever did get the right wheels you then need to replace all the studs. I've had many people with them on their vehicle and never had an issue and others have nothing but issues. As costly as they are, I say save the money and just buy wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I will never run them, I will always buy the proper offset wheels. There is a reason that race tracks don't allow them. But........with that being said if you are going to buy them, make sure they are hub centric to the vehicle and hub centric to the wheel. Generally they require you to cut the studs, so if you ever did get the right wheels you then need to replace all the studs. I've had many people with them on their vehicle and never had an issue and others have nothing but issues. As costly as they are, I say save the money and just buy wheels.
Hi,guy.
thank you for your suggestion and it's really helpful to me.
I will think twice before I buy wheel spacers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts