Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the record I haven't purchased any, I'm wondering does anyone that has them seem to get any vibration or annoyance with them? I'm looking at 5mm for the front and 15mm in the rear thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
For the record I don't have any either.

I do know my local tire shop does not recommend them, as they mess with one of the most important connections in the car: wheel to hub. Granted they also make money selling aftermarket wheels, so a grain of salt is probably worth applying.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
For the record I don't have any either. I do know my local tire shop does not recommend them, as they mess with one of the most important connections in the car: wheel to hub. Granted they also make money selling aftermarket wheels, so a grain of salt is probably worth applying.
I used to work in a tire shop and we had the same practice. It is not because of aftermarket wheel sales. We did not want the liability of recommending equipment that resulted in damage to the vehicle. I am not saying that the spacers always cause damage. The problem is that sometimes they fail. Failure of a part that is holding the wheel to the car is never a good thing.

Before anyone with spacers chimes in that they have never had an issue... Plenty of people run them without issue. Some people are not so lucky. The point is that from the tire shop perspective, they have no reason to recommend them and potential liability if they do recommend them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you intend to go this route make certain to buy spacers that are hub centric. They will fit nice and snug on the wheel hub from the back side and also have the small lip sticking out on the wheel side. For the thicker spacers I assume they will be the adapter/bolt on style. Am not aware, honestly have not had to look, but make certain to use the appropriate length extended wheel studs where applicable. Properly torque and make it a point to regularly check the torque of the lug nuts.
Do these things and you should be perfectly fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts