Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just NOT GarageLine.
Looking for 15mm spacers for my '16 ST. Who else besides the aforementioned brand makes them? I may want 20mm for the back wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Why not just buy the correct wheels?

·
Registered
1 Posts
20mm front, 25mm rear has been shown to be the precise sizes for perfectly flush fitment. Honestly dont be too finicky with brands, find some with good reviews, use loctite, and send it. They're very simple machined parts, as long as installed properly they will do the job. If you want some tried and true spacers you know you will not have issues with, then go with H&R, but you pay for that kind of quality. See here: https://www.fswerks.com/collections/wheel-brakes/wheel-spacers

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the snowflakes too. And I don't see anything wrong with spacers, besides the obvious long term effects (which you'll get from wheels too)
I have to plead ignorance on this. What exactly are the obvious long term effects? And how long term are we talking about???

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I have to plead ignorance on this. What exactly are the obvious long term effects? And how long term are we talking about???
Increase in bearing wear do to the offset creating more leverage on your bearings.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Increase in bearing wear do to the offset creating more leverage on your bearings.
Ahh, I see, makes sense. I most likely am going to go with 10mm front & 15mm rear. Hopefully it will be a little less stressful than the wider ones.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ive heard good things about adaptec

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've had garageline's 20/25 set on for only a few weeks so I can't really talk about their longevity. But they look great, seem to be nice quality. They sent me the wrong ones the first time (showed up at my door the day after I ordered them), so I called them and they sent the correct ones out, which showed up the next day - and they gave me a return slip to mail them back when the correct ones came in.

Really as long as the spacer is snug to the hub, and the wheel is snug to the spacer, I can't imagine there being much different results between the few brands of popular spacers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts