Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a @CNT Racing Catless DP on cyber Monday. Opened the box the other day to inspect it prior to install date (had some issues in the past with parts being wrong or missing prior to install) and the hangers for the DP just don't look right.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I installed mine only thing I had a issue with was lining up my exhaust holes with the downpipe holes. Had to take it to a shop and they cut my exhaust and had to re weld it into the right position

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I installed mine only thing I had a issue with was lining up my exhaust holes with the downpipe holes. Had to take it to a shop and they cut my exhaust and had to re weld it into the right position
Yeah that's a problem. You shouldn't have to do that. The downpipe should be welded as a bolt on performance part you shouldn't have to do any fabrication to it at all if you do that just seems like pure laziness on the fabrication side of things.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Whoever welded those hangers, sure had their heat cranked up.
View attachment 298698

Those hangers are FUBAR
Agreed. Those are most certainly wrong. The bead probably wasn't cooled and it got laid down or something sat on top of it then boxed I'd imagine. WTF.

Edit: In their pictures it looks like they might have them slightly angled...but not as bad as these pictures. Send them their way and see what they say.
@Thomas @ CNT Racing

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CNT racing eh? If my wife and her friends started a car club, I imagine it would have a similar name.

Lol, I don't care what you say that's funny

Reactions: 303Casper

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent Thomas a PM, we shall see what he says.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
CNT racing eh? If my wife and her friends started a car club, I imagine it would have a similar name.
Dude I literally just took a swig of Coke at work and read this then took a second to process and spit it right back out on my desk laughing. Smh :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
The downpipe hangers are welded in the correct spot and you will not have any issues with installation. Please take a look at the picture below of two brand new CNT Racing catless downpipes so you can compare the hangers they are all the same. We have sold close to 500 of these downpipes already.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Agreed. Those are most certainly wrong. The bead probably wasn't cooled and it got laid down or something sat on top of it then boxed I'd imagine. WTF.

Edit: In their pictures it looks like they might have them slightly angled...but not as bad as these pictures. Send them their way and see what they say.
@Thomas @ CNT Racing
Oh jeeze, yea, it doesn't work like that.
Those things are on there solid before you've moved half an inch from starting.

Those hangers are fine.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just received mine yesterday and the hangers look exactly the same. Was a pretty piece in my opinion. Everything looks solid. Welds look decent, especially at that price point.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Oh jeeze, yea, it doesn't work like that.
Those things are on there solid before you've moved half an inch from starting.

Those hangers are fine.
Trust me I know how welding works lol

Guess they just looked ridiculously odd in the pictures posted.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I just looked back and realized it was you that said that. Son, I am disappoint.
If you notice the comments prior to me about how someone's heat was turned WAYY too high up...I'm fully aware that under normal conditions this is impossible...turn the heat up ridiculously high and that changes lol.

Source: Welded under my dad who's a professional welder of 23 years my whole life lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts