Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggestions I am looking to replace the RMM in my '14 ST.

I've done a decent amount of research but I am still concerned about additional NVH. It's worth noting that I live in a climate which demands I have the AC on constantly.

Can anyone suggest an RMM which incurs the least amount of cabin vibration?

·
Registered
395 Posts
E-focus RMM or mountune are the ones that I have read that transmit the least amount of vibrations.
mountune with a front traction bar is probably the closest to oem nvh from what I've read

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am happy with my mountune

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have my mountune and have about 500 miles since I got it. When in idle there is a slight vibration but not really much at all ( I haven't run the a/c yet) and the torque steer and stuff is much improved. I also second a traction bar from TBperformance like @Blackula said.

·
Registered
383 Posts
CP-E Stage 2 without question one of the best IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
The CFM mount is adjustable by inserting or removing steel pins from the bushing. With no pins I would imagine it would be pretty much vibration free. I have it and I use the 4 pins that come with it (or you can get it with all 9); I don't know if this set up would vibrate much as I have had both Turbo Tech upper mounts installed prior to the CFM mount, and they are quite stiff.

https://www.c-f-m.com/performancepa...-16-Focus-2013-16-Focus-ST-ST250-261p4379.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ddfred I actually bought that exact model then re-read the description and realised they only have the "EXTREME" version in stock. I have since contacted them to cancel the order as according to the description they "don’t use the term "extreme” lightly". I am waiting to hear back from another company when they will get it in stock.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mountune for 6 months now, little bit of vibes with A/C but not bad, after having my tuner adjust my idle to 900rpm's there is zero vibration, even with A/C on.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
474 Posts
My car came with the E-Focus mount and there is essentially zero NVH from it. If there was I never attributed it to the motor mount. I now have Mountune and it is perfect for a daily driver. Very minimal NVH but with improvement in shift feel over E-Focus. I had a boomba at one point for about 3 months but yanked it out and put the E-Focus back in. Boomba had way too much NVH for my liking.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
E-focus RMM or mountune are the ones that I have read that transmit the least amount of vibrations.
mountune with a front traction bar is probably the closest to oem nvh from what I've read
I can confirm this, I have the mountune RMM and FSWERKS stress bar, it is smooth for all but the lowest RPMs. I love it. Previously I had the E-Focus mount which has stock NVH, however without the benefit of much improvement. Before that I had the Boomba mount which was amazing in every aspect, but by god I thought I was shaking out of my skin at times.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts