Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 ST and about a month ago whenever i start going in reverse or in first, im hearing a nasty clunk noise. only happens when i first start to move maybe after 2-3 feet of travel. I've read other posts on front end clunks and nothing similar to this. It also sounds like a creaking noise after I slow to a crawl like something is moving back in place. I recently installed a cobb rear motor mount before this started happening.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I have a 2016 ST and about a month ago whenever i start going in reverse or in first, im hearing a nasty clunk noise. only happens when i first start to move maybe after 2-3 feet of travel. I've read other posts on front end clunks and nothing similar to this. It also sounds like a creaking noise after I slow to a crawl like something is moving back in place. I recently installed a cobb rear motor mount before this started happening.
I'd get under the car and check all the bolts on the mount and rule that out first.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had it installed for about two months. This clunking started happening about a month ago. I'll get the car up in the air and check the torque and all the bolts again.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
I've had it installed for about two months. This clunking started happening about a month ago. I'll get the car up in the air and check the torque and all the bolts again.
While it's in the air, give everything a good check; I like to use a pry bar on all the steering and suspension to check for play.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Has it been rainy where you are? The rust forms on the rotors quickly. Mine does this too if it rained and the car sat out overnight. It is just things getting unstuck from corrosion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts