Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there I'm new to the ST and I'm curious what you all would recommend for an aftermarket BOV?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Depends on your preference. Best is a relative term. I just purchased the Tial because I do not want it to be super loud. Just loud enough to hear it with the windows down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Boomba Racing for a nice loud OEM style BBV replacement..

OR

A CPE Exhale kit, with a TiAL bov...

Also, be sure to check out some youtube vid's and take your pick!!

Sound is subjective. What may sound good to me, may not sound good to you.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Unless you are going hardcore with your car (big turbo, etc), you don't really need a true blow off valve.

I run a turbosmart 50/50 recirculation valve, more practical for anything less than big turbo. If you don't know, it vents 50% of the boost on when you let off the throttle to atmosphere and 50% back to the inlet side of the turbo. This is to allow the turbo to spool faster when getting back into the throttle.

The only reason why a BOV or Recirculation valve is necessary is if you are running more boost than stock. If you run more boost than stock with the stock by pass valve, you will sent too much boost back into the turbo when it isn't ready and could potentially damage it.

It doesn't hurt to have the turbosmart when you are at stock boost, if you just want the noise. Which is adjustable on the turbosmart set up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the turbosmart as well. If you read around on the forums you will find out that the blow off will sound off all the time. For me, the turbosmart is a great in between when it comes to the blow off valves. Definitely snaps necks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love my Turbosmart, if I ever go big turbo I will a different one with new pipes but the Turbosmart does the trick for now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
depends on how loud you want it really? The question should be why? going to be modifying the car or just want the psssssssh sound?
Yup car is already modified and currently running stage 1 tune. I also like the pssssh sound.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: justindeboosted

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I like the sound of this!!
I'm very surprised by all the Turbosmart/Tial suggestions...if you want the loudest PSSSHHH you can get the Boomba BOV is for sure the loudest and usually the most recommended. I overlooked this thread, but I'm so shocked I don't see any Boomba suggestions other than one. Youtube is your friend in this case. Any of the suggestions will get you a nice PSSSHHH but like others said it's about how much you want. I LOVE the Boomba and it's one of our biggest vendors.

Edit: I like to turn heads with my car and I don't like when it's regarded as "Just another Focus" so my Boomba does a dang good job of differentiating and breaking necks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you have the money, HKS is the way to go... but I love my Turbosmart Kompact (got it used for $60)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm very surprised by all the Turbosmart/Tial suggestions...if you want the loudest PSSSHHH you can get the Boomba BOV is for sure the loudest and usually the most recommended. I overlooked this thread, but I'm so shocked I don't see any Boomba suggestions other than one. Youtube is your friend in this case. Any of the suggestions will get you a nice PSSSHHH but like others said it's about how much you want. I LOVE the Boomba and it's one of our biggest vendors.

Edit: I like to turn heads with my car and I don't like when it's regarded as "Just another Focus" so my Boomba does a dang good job of differentiating and breaking necks.
Funny cause the Boomba is what I've been looking at. I just wanted to get an opinion from others as to what they liked. I'm looking for the loudest pssssssh possible. LOL

Reactions: SFST14 and brian60

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you have the money, HKS is the way to go... but I love my Turbosmart Kompact (got it used for $60)
Doesn't sound as loud as the Boomba from what I can tell off Youtube.

Reactions: SFST14

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have had both Boomba and Turbosmart. Boomba sounds great and gets alot of attention but after awhile it seems to be too much of a good thing. The stock turbo builds boost so fast you get loud vents even when inching forward in traffic (exaggeration). Turbosmart has almost the same sounds just not so loud. I enjoy both BOVs but am content with Turbosmart.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Funny cause the Boomba is what I've been looking at. I just wanted to get an opinion from others as to what they liked. I'm looking for the loudest pssssssh possible. LOL
The part I bolded right here tells me you better be getting over to Youtube and watching some serious Boomba BOV videos because it is LOOUD. I bought the car from a dealer with it already installed and all the technicians came out whenever I was test driving it (I bought it just TWO days after it arrived...and they were closed on Sunday so it was the first time it was being driven other than by the supervisor when they bought it as a trade in) and they were all loving it. That was by far my favorite feature when I bought my car.

Edit: Again, any of these suggestions will get the job done so don't think I'm putting down the others. None of them provide any performance gain so it's literally what do you want your car to sound like?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts