Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What's one feature you miss most from previous cars?

9K views 81 replies 56 participants last post by  No I'm Dirty Dan 
#1 ·
I really miss my side mirrors pointing down when I put it in reverse.

#3 ·
I was going to say the same. The only car that I've driven (I didn't even own it) that had the side mirrors tilt downwards in reverse was a BMW and it's such a good idea. I wish more manufacturers did it. I also wish our drivers seats had position memory--or at least my 2013 ST3 doesn't. I don't have many other people drive my car but if someone does, they always move the seat and it pisses me off.

#9 ·
Auto dimming rear view mirror. Heated mirrors too, but that's an ST1 fail lol.

#11 ·
I have a Lexus IS with all the usual extras (tilt down/heated mirrors, memory seats, heated/ventilated seats, Homelink, etc.) Frankly I don't miss any of this stuff on the ST as I'm the only driver of the vehicle and I just don't need the additional luxuries. The ST is fun performance car, no sense larding it up with costly knick knacks.

#12 · (Edited)
Power and rwd. The ST doesn't have much of one and none of the other.

But I still have my old vehicle so I can take care of my need for power sliding. ~360/~430 to the wheels is fun

#14 ·
A torsen limited slip differential.

#20 ·
The ability to hold down the lock button on key fob and roll the windows down as far as I want and release it and they stop. I know its a feature that can be added to the car via a bunch of fooling around and flashing etc, I've read the thread in the Electronics forum but the fact that it doesn't come stock that way is annoying. Also I believe the way it works on our cars even after you've enabled it is that it just automatically rolls the windows all the way down which still isn't quite what I want, I liked being able to roll the windows down about halfway as I walked up to my car.

#26 ·
I've enabled mine, you can hold the unlock to roll them down and press the lock to stop them whenever you want. Or vice versa for going up.

#22 ·
I point my passenger side mirror down manually when I'm setting up to parallel park.

Reactions: Unfitproduct
#23 ·
The first time I got in a car that did that I thought something was wrong. Then I leaned it was a "feature."

#70 ·
I feel like I'm the only one that can't stand that "feature." I use my mirrors when I back up..

Reactions: Fiji ST
#24 ·
My MINI had a sun visor over the driver's door that folded down to block the sun from the side without having to move the visor over the windshield to the side. I miss that.

Reactions: Baxter
#30 ·
I miss the autodimming rear view mirror and the noise of a V8 lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.