Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anything new for the MY 2018? Should I wait for the 2018 (and when will it come out) or buy 2017?
If it were me, I'd either get a 2017 or 2019. 2018 will be the first year of a redesigned Focus ST with some updated sheet metal and grill, but also a new engine that might need some kinks worked out the first model year and won't have any aftermarket support for a while. Meanwhile, a 2017 has tons of aftermarket support since that engine has been around a while now, has had most of the kinks worked out and once the 2018's first hit the lot, you can probably get for a steal.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Has the 2018 even been announced for US? I saw an article about a redesigned one, but it was for Europe because it included the diesel

·
Registered
1 Posts
I considered the same predicament, and I decided to go with the '17 for a couple reasons:

1) Ford is taking their sweet old time announcing their plans for the next generation Focus, and none of the dealers I talked to would cop to any inside information.
B) Even if the 18s rolled into showrooms by Labor Day, there's no saying they have the ST model out of the gate. This ST was a year behind the mainstream model, right?
Bii) If there is no 18 ST, there is no discount on 17 STs, so you've waited for savings that never materialize.
III) Kinks/build quality concerns with a new model - as others said, might as well not jump into the new end of the pool.
4) If I gamble and lose, I can still trade in my 17 for a 19 or a 20 once I get on the other side of the loan and they get the kinks worked out on the production and design side.

I got a price from the dealer that I was happy with, and the incentives mercifully built in a 6/30 expiration date. I know I'm gonna like this car, and that's good enough for me.

(edit for editing error)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Reactions: SiThlord

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Its eating heavily into my resources and time. (still on the fence)
Because you can't stop doing stuff to it, or because it won't stop breaking lol

Reactions: dan's st

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It won't stop breaking. nothing has been added to the car in the last year. sad face....
Yeah, that would have me out of my focus real quick. Even with the abysmal resale.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There won't be a new ST for us here in the states until probably the end of 2018 and it will be a 2019 model. Get one now or plan to wait.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
There won't be a new ST for us here in the states until probably the end of 2018 and it will be a 2019 model. Get one now or plan to wait.
they will also be 'Made in China' :( I will never buy another Focus again.

Not 100% sure the ST will be Made in China but most likely and all other Focus models will be other than RS.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sadly, a lot of "American" cars are not made here. It won't keep me from buying a car I like though. With a new or redesigned factory maybe the build quality will go up. As I work at Ford, I know with a new vehicle the factory tries really hard to impress the brass at Ford so they can keep the product at that factory. Here's hoping for the best..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts