Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often times guys(and girls) pull up wanting to race. I guess our cars have some notoriety. Disclaimer-closed course, professional driver eh-hem.
Anyway, usually they are like minded cars - four cylinder turbo etc. A fair share of Subaru's and an odd Genesis or Honda. With full bolt - ons and an Unleashed tune I've always faired well. I never bother with cars that have more than twice my displacement, or should i say they never bother with me?
So this one is driving me nuts. Today a Camaro SS(the previous body style, k- body is it called?) pulls up and guns it at the light. He crept a full car length forward first and i just let him go. At the next light he did it again. He jumped out ahead and i figured why not just see? So i stomped on it after he was two car lengths ahead. There was no way i could catch him with a two car lead even if i had eight cylinders. I think he should've picked on someone his own size.
Here's the funny part. He didn't smoke me and i could hear he was really working it. Also his car was more than stock to some degree even if it was just exhaust. He was never much more ahead than the jump he already had. Don't get me wrong, the adrenaline was flowing and i was working my car as hard as I could. We finally hit traffic, i was held up and he disappeared.
The reason its driving me nuts is that our little car held its own for what it is. So much so that with a couple things being different maybe i would've had a chance? Maybe with a couple more tweaks? Maybe if i committed right away? I hope i can sleep tonight.
On another note, vta blow - off valves sound so cool when racing even if they are a performance neutral mod. I got one for father's day.
Our cars are impressive for what they are. I'm not talking big turbo or internal engine build either. That's another class.
What have you beat, what beat you? I think this would be a fun discussion along with how you are modded.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've been gone a while.

Reactions: bman13235
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.