Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
785 Posts
The swingin 60s. My uncle had one of those, and a vw squareback forever.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1
12 Posts
The swingin 60s. My uncle had one of those, and a vw squareback forever.
I got that car when I turned 18 in 2010. Shortly after, I bought a 1987 Fiat/Bertone X1/9. That littles fiat was my daily driver until I bought the ST January of this year, 2021.
I sold the dart in 2020 for 9K, and now the fiat is a garage queen.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
363 Posts
We had a load of X19’s over hear, unfortunately they rotted for a past time, so they are as rare as hens teeth nowadays.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST1
12 Posts
We had a load of X19’s over hear, unfortunately they rotted for a past time, so they are as rare as hens teeth nowadays.
Mine lived its whole life in Los Angeles weather so there's no rust to any of the major body panels or inner structure. I have babied this car since I bought it, and it's still going strong today.
EE69DB0A-96DC-470F-9256-0B69B4332CCC.JPG

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
785 Posts
Mine lived its whole life in Los Angeles weather so there's no rust to any of the major body panels or inner structure. I have babied this car since I bought it, and it's still going strong today. View attachment 390087
Sweet! I wanted one of those for awhile in HS. More sportscar than a Karmann-Ghia, eh? 😊

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
My first car was a 1983 Mazda Rx-7 GSL. I didn't like it as a teen because I didn't know anything about rotary engines. Luckily I kept it. 25 years later and I still have it in the same condition, but I'm wiser and understand it a lot better than I did. So to me it's special now.

Quirky things I like is the cruise control, removable sunroof, pop up headlights, it's rwd, and still purrs. Love it! It was my dad's car before he passed, still has the military decal on it from the 80's.

The one and only mod I have is a Racing Beat exhaust. It's an amazing weekend car with my pup.
Amazing to hear you still have it

·
Registered
785 Posts
This was my first car, 1980 Mazda GLC wagon. It was a 5 spd manual, I think with a 1.4 4 cyl and 80 something Hp. Maybe around 100,000 mi when I got it.
Had to do a head job soon after, was getting gas in the cooling system, overheating and making a knocking noise. #3 was missing the top piston ring! 🤬
Replaced diff with a junkyard unit.
Adding a 1 DIN Sony radio/cassette involved cutting interior dash plastic.
Rebuilt MT with new bearings myself while a Mech Eng student. Cleaned up chipped shift hubs and gears with a Dremel to save a few $ 😁😕
Overloaded it hauling a lot of stuff back and forwards to college. Topped the mountain going about 40 in 2nd, or 3rd if lucky 😁 .
Good stuff and learning. At least it has working AC! 😊

Not actually mine, but same color and look from a search:
So I accidentally found photo evidence of the trans rebuild looking for something else, does this get any points on such a mundane car? 🤓

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
This was my first car, 1980 Mazda GLC wagon. It was a 5 spd manual, I think with a 1.4 4 cyl and 80 something Hp. Maybe around 100,000 mi when I got it.
Had to do a head job soon after, was getting gas in the cooling system, overheating and making a knocking noise. #3 was missing the top piston ring! 🤬
Replaced diff with a junkyard unit.
Adding a 1 DIN Sony radio/cassette involved cutting interior dash plastic.
Rebuilt MT with new bearings myself while a Mech Eng student. Cleaned up chipped shift hubs and gears with a Dremel to save a few $ 😁😕
Overloaded it hauling a lot of stuff back and forwards to college. Topped the mountain going about 40 in 2nd, or 3rd if lucky 😁 .
Good stuff and learning. At least it has working AC! 😊

Not actually mine, but same color and look from a search:
Let's get an EBC free gift sent out to you, PM me your address

·
Registered
7 Posts
First car I bought was a 1956 Volvo 544 which had a bad time, including a driver side T side swipe and then a blown engine. Dual SU carbs that never balanced right. I put in a B1400, replacing the B1600, found at a junkyard and delivered for $75. The loss of 200cc made it a little slower. Second engine failed somewhere in Northern Wisconsin and I sold the car for $25 for scrap. Got a long bus ride return. This circa 1969.

·
Administrator
11,288 Posts
1988 Jetta Carat 5 spd. Talk about the least feedback in a shifter ever. Always had to be prepared for a 3rd gear from a stop, it always shifted though, rolled the dice on what gear though, lol. 4 wheel disc brakes, and 36 mpg no matter how hard you beat on it.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts