Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user at the end of the week.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Registered
696 Posts
First car was a 1968 Volvo 144 deluxe.
Mcar was given to me by my father who freshly restored it. Very nice car to drive and to learn driving. Shame the rust devil became to much

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First car was a 1968 Volvo 144 deluxe.
Mcar was given to me by my father who freshly restored it. Very nice car to drive and to learn driving. Shame the rust devil became to much
Great, how old was it when you first got it, had it done many miles?

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
386 Posts
I popped my cherry with a 1969 Mini 1000, which I did loads to, including, 1438cc engine, with twin 1 1/2” SU carbs, Peco exhaust, mini light alloys, bucket seats with harnesses, Spax adjustable suspension, Cooper S brakes, re painted Ford Diamond white, it was a rapid little go cart, that was back in 1981.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I popped my cherry with a 1969 Mini 1000, which I did loads to, including, 1438cc engine, with twin 1 1/2” SU carbs, Peco exhaust, mini light alloys, bucket seats with harnesses, Spax adjustable suspension, Cooper S brakes, re painted Ford Diamond white, it was a rapid little go cart, that was back in 1981.
Fabulous, love to hear about the mods on the older cars, a lot of the newer cars are not so easy to 'mod up' nowadays! Sounds like a proper little pocket rocket.

·
Super Moderator
9,007 Posts
First car (1975) was a 1967 Mustang GT 390, 4 speed (top loader) with a locking 9" rear end (4:10 gears). After some massaging to the heads, very little really as the GT heads flowed very well, balance, blue print, Sig Erson cam, a forged 428 crank and rods (410 displacement) and 11:1 pistons the car became a 1/4 mile street monster, for the day anyway. Car ran high 10 seconds at Famoso trapping at 125+. That car was dangerous in the hands of a 16 year kid!

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First car (1975) was a 1967 Mustang GT 390, 4 speed (top loader) with a locking 9" rear end (4:10 gears). After some massaging to the heads, very little really as the GT heads flowed very well, balance, blue print, Sig Erson cam, a forged 428 crank and rods (410 displacement) and 11:1 pistons the car became a 1/4 mile street monster, for the day anyway. Car ran high 10 seconds at Famoso trapping at 125+. That car was dangerous in the hands of a 16 year kid!
Wow, That really does sound like a bit of a beast. Would love to see some old photos if you have any?

·
Super Moderator
9,007 Posts
Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
316 Posts
1986 Nissan pickup. Was very close to getting an M3 but the deal fell through and I'm glad because I probably would have died lol.

·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1986 Nissan pickup. Was very close to getting an M3 but the deal fell through and I'm glad because I probably would have died lol.
And a pickup is more versatile and much safer than an M3 in any driver's early days.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts