Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Cobb intake, Cobb AP3, and Strat tune. I've been monitoring boost pressure, FRP, AFR, Octane Adj Ratio, Charge air temp, and ignition correction. Is there a consensus as to what set of gauges I should best be following on the Cobb AP?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Here's what I watch.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I watch AFR, OAR, and ign corr 1-4. I used to watch charge Temps, but since I got rid of the OEM intercooler, the teams stay right in a pretty consistent range and I no longer feel the need to watch it.

If I'm tracking it and/or running it hard for a long time, I'll switch over to coolant temp. No need to monitor oil temp since there is no actual oil temperature sensor in the motor and the motor is just guessing at (OK, hypothesizing at) what it is, so might as well just watch the gauge on the dash for that...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Reactions: willfromfreeport

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
If you OAR is settled then you could monitor Boost for fun
I still like to keep the OAR up even after it has stabilized just to see if my fuel quality takes a dump. The other day it dropped from -1 to -.87 after a couple of hard pulls, so I said F the winter blend 93 and switched back to the corn (E30)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
My AP

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts