Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a fair price to pay to have a fmic installed. Labor only. Bought a steeda that looks like you don't have to drill any new holes. Re-using hoses.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What's a fair price to pay to have a fmic installed. Labor only. Bought a steeda that looks like you don't have to drill any new holes. Re-using hoses.
$200. It is pretty typical to charge $100 per hour. I'd imagine most shops will claim it is a two hour job.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You dont need a lot of tools, id suggest diy and theres quite a few videos on youtube showing step by step how to swap it out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If I can do it then anyone can do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me add I don't have the luxury of a house anymore. I live in an apartment. Divorce will do today to you no lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Supply some beer and do it at a mates house if there's no room at home. Its one of the easier things to install. Having an extra pair of hands will help though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live in an apartment and work on my car in a public parking garage. Worked on my car on the street once and never again. With the number of jack-wagons who kept wandering over you'd think I was resurrecting Christ or something.

I usually wait until the weekend when the garage is less crowded. Sometimes the security guard will come over out of curiosity but for the most part I'm left alone. I replaced a control arm, tie rod end, alternator (twice), brakes, multiple oil changes, transmission oil, struts, and never had any issues.

I just make sure I don't leave a mess and clean up when I'm done. The only limiting factor is you have to finish the job before you have to go to the bathroom, or be able to lock up your tools and parts when nature calls. Which kinda sucks cuz I like to drink beer when I work on my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts