Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked but ill ask it anyway :smile:

What should I get for my suspension?
Daily driven..id like to start doing AutoX sooner than later (maybe 10 times a year)

Was thinking kw v3 coilovers(too much for a daily?)
Strano performance rear sway bar
Massive race endlinks front and rear

....not sure what else to get. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
10 events a year is a pretty good amount. I would suggest doing autocross and getting experience before changing anything, then you can get a better idea of what you may or may not need. I have found the stock suspension to be quite capable and lots of fun.

Reactions: kg93

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
10 max, but we will see how that goes

Edit: I should have said 10 times hopefully....probably less then 5 with the schedule I have.

I would love to lower the car about 1" and make it handle the best it can. That's honestly my goal.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Think I already suggested it in another thread but I am VERY happy with my ST Suspension https://www.stsuspensions.com/

For the price I just could NOT find anything better, a lot of people run it and all good reviews.

Oh and it is made by KW just not full stainless which in oregon i didn't need

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I already suggested it in another thread but I am VERY happy with my ST Suspension https://www.stsuspensions.com/

For the price I just could NOT find anything better, a lot of people run it and all good reviews.

Oh and it is made by KW just not full stainless which in oregon i didn't need
Good price on those. Unfortunately here in jersey they use a ton of salt so I would like something with stainless so it doesnt rust like crazy

YCW coilovers and Strano year bar. All you need. YCW has an 30% off offer right now I believe.

Sent from another galaxy.
I didn't see any discount on their site. Where'd you buy them from, and are the stainless or aluminum so they dont rust?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Good price on those. Unfortunately here in jersey they use a ton of salt so I would like something with stainless so it doesnt rust like crazy

I didn't see any discount on their site. Where'd you buy them from, and are the stainless or aluminum so they dont rust?
then i suggest the KW if you are worried about it... I haven't heard of the coating failing on the ST suspension but if you are willing the spend the extra then get stainless.

Contact the YCW rep here on the forums for the 30% off

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
$1700 for coilovers? Where do you work? Are they hiring?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Around $1190 if you talk to the MFactory rep here and get the 30% discount. Not sure if that included shipping. So the price of Fortune Auto coilovers but way better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so i'm getting those coilovers. Can't beat that price for what you get.

Ill get the strano rear bar.

I think i'm going to get the massive racing adjustable stuff for peace of mind.

No front bar needed? Traction bars? Nothing else?

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Okay so i'm getting those coilovers. Can't beat that price for what you get.

Ill get the strano rear bar.

I think i'm going to get the massive racing adjustable stuff for peace of mind.

No front bar needed? Traction bars? Nothing else?
I have the massive rear camber arms, toe arms and endlinks. Love them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread with this question but..

If you were just daily driving and wanted more fun and some back roads would it be worth it to get the YCW's or just go with something like the mountune clubsports?

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread with this question but..

If you were just daily driving and wanted more fun and some back roads would it be worth it to get the YCW's or just go with something like the mountune clubsports?
YCWs are great for spirited driving, auto x, ect. I do daily mine and don't mind the stiffness. However if you want a more comfortable ride for daily driving I would go with the Mountune Clubsport kit. It preforms better than stock pretty much all the way around. The YCWs are better in the corners since they use a linear spring vs a progressive spring.

·
Registered
272 Posts
YCWs are great for spirited driving, auto x, ect. I do daily mine and don't mind the stiffness. However if you want a more comfortable ride for daily driving I would go with the Mountune Clubsport kit. It preforms better than stock pretty much all the way around. The YCWs are better in the corners since they use a linear spring vs a progressive spring.

So these are better than Fortunes? And I see that the 30% off was for the pre-order, he's still offering that price now? I was about to get a set of Bilsteins but stumbled across this thread and my eyes are wandering.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
So these are better than Fortunes? And I see that the 30% off was for the pre-order, he's still offering that price now? I was about to get a set of Bilsteins but stumbled across this thread and my eyes are wandering.
We have 2 sets available at the 30% discount. It's still pre-order, as our shipment hasn't arrived yet (will be arriving this week though). After they arrive though, the discount will no longer be available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts