Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have continental extreme contacts and I'm thinking about getting them again but was curious what everyone else thought

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
I really liked my DWS's. Would absolutely buy them again.

Reactions: chris872

·
Registered
87 Posts
I never get threads like this.

So random people on the internet blurt out brands and models of tires and you are just going to blindly follow?

What do you do with the car? Are you worried about traction in the rain? What are you looking for from a tire? (other than "some person on the internet told me to get them")

There is a lot of research going into this $700+ purchase than just having names thrown at you.

·
Premium Member
13,920 Posts
I never get threads like this.

So random people on the internet blurt out brands and models of tires and you are just going to blindly follow?

What do you do with the car? Are you worried about traction in the rain? What are you looking for from a tire? (other than "some person on the internet told me to get them")

There is a lot of research going into this $700+ purchase than just having names thrown at you.
That's why I asked the questions I did.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Continental EC DW are the summer only tires I use. I have nothing bad to say about them, with maybe the exception is i didn't get 30k out of them, more like 25-27k, and I do a lot of highway driving. They are a good $40 per tire cheaper than the Michelin. I haven't thrown the coin down for the Michelin, so can't say with is better. Continental has a special going now if $70 prepaid gift card if you buy 4 tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: chris872

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have to look at that tomorrow

Yeah it's bent. I'm surprised i didn't see that. Thanks for pointing out though. I've had a vibration and that's gotta be it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it's bent. I'm surprised i didn't see that. Thanks for pointing out though. I've had a vibration and that's gotta be it

Update on my rim. I'm having a rim repair company look at it. I believe the rim being dirty made it look worse than it is I'll show an updated picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Plenty of threads on this so I'll make this short. I'm at 70k miles and I'm on my fourth set of tires. Bottom line, if one wears out tires out every 20k miles it makes one consider cheaper brands. I've had the OEM F1's, PSS's, AS3's, and am now on a set of Lauffen all-season tires. I switched to all seasons after reading a review from another ST owner saying it gets rid of wheel hop and shift bang without having to change to harsh motor mounts. It does and I haven't looked back. No they aren't as sticky as summer tires, but they are just as fun. I actually like the Lauffens more than the AS3's, and they were just $550 mounted and with hazard warranty. Their nature is somewhere between the AS3's and the PSS's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
All depends on what you want/need, so what are those areas you are looking for?

I have summer tires on at the moment, I have driven through winter on the stock F1's and did fine, I do however NOT have to go out in the snow and such in the ST as we have other vehicles.

Right now I have 2 different tires on the car, I needed new tires and at the time could only find 2 Indy 500s so I just picked up those as my Dunlop Sports were still around 6/32nds.

I love the Indy's, they are used for DD use in rain and normal and have performed fine, turn in is much tighter and feedback is much better than the F1's and Dunlop Sports. They are also just rebranded Potenza's and are very cheap in price but not in quality.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'd recommend the new Firestone Indy 500's. They are rebranded Bridgestones basically, and I love them. They've got an aggressive pattern that looks great, and have been phenomenal in the wet so far with a marginal increase in noise. Check them out on tirerack. Read up on their reviews of tires and such. I took a chance on these with them being new and cheaper, and I have not regretted it at all so far

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Finally got one of my tires on lol

What did you get? Might be helpful info to share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts