Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Wow the glare annoys me too but if I tried something like that I’d break 50 things!

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I dislike the window glare, it makes me spit fire. So, I've stopped cleaning the ST...its filthy and the only thing holding it together is dirt, windex, and some ducktape.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Wow...well that's new. Not sure if I would like how that looks with the rest of the interior, but it looks great for what it is!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Yeah wow looks good... that is a ton of work... like the others have said... i would of broke a ton of stuff...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
The thought of that is overwhelming. You must really hate that glare. Damn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Agreed. The plastic never glared bad enough to bother me unless I freshly armor all'ed it a little too much. Even still it wasn't THIS bad for me to consider this lol

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
As a rally driver, I love flocked dashes and flockit.com is good stuff. Done right, the results are amazing.

But on my 2013 which I've owned from new, dash glare has never been a significant problem, likely because I've never used any product on the dash. The dash is very matte. FWIW, I've used in other applications ArmorAll's Matte Finish Protector, but that's still shinier than nothing in my experience with other cars. I have used some Griot's Interior Cleaner on my dash (and elsewhere), and that leaves zero residue.

Much respect to the OP on a fantastic flocking job!

Mark

P.S. Here's a link to their How-To Flock a Dashboard: http://flockit.com/Flock Dashboard.pdf

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’ve owned a lot of euro cars and always wanted a suede dash. Then I saw all the rally car guys flocking their dashboards (to eliminate dash glare) and it looked cheaper/easier than actually wrapping it with suede. I’m really happy with the results. It was a ton of work, but I’ve done dash swaps before in a couple of my old Audis so I kinda knew what I was getting into... I only broke 1 clip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Agreed. The plastic never glared bad enough to bother me unless I freshly armor all'ed it a little too much. Even still it wasn't THIS bad for me to consider this lol
What bothers me more is how bright the dash lights are and how I have to turn them down every night time drive. There should be a memory or something.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I’ve owned a lot of euro cars and always wanted a suede dash. Then I saw all the rally car guys flocking their dashboards (to eliminate dash glare) and it looked cheaper/easier than actually wrapping it with suede. I’m really happy with the results. It was a ton of work, but I’ve done dash swaps before in a couple of my old Audis so I kinda knew what I was getting into... I only broke 1 clip

Looks awesome dude! Respect!

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts

I like it because it's different and the suede looks cool, but I still couldn't ever do it. It would clash with the leather seats too much. I gotta ask though, do you just clean it with like..normal multipurpose cleaner now?

What bothers me more is how bright the dash lights are and how I have to turn them down every night time drive. There should be a memory or something.

I actually have never considered that to be a problem, there are times that I have wished they were slightly brighter and I leave them on full brightness at all times. Haven't touched that other than one time playing around since I've owned the car.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Does anyone have first hand experience with this mat? The glare really bothers me. But, I don't want to invest all the time to remove the dash if the mat will stop the glare. I do realize it won't look as good as the flocked one. At this point I just want to get rid of the glare the easiest way possible.
That's why I posted it, I've been seeing others for $25-35 and just found that one, at $16.16 not much of a gamble to see if you like it. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts