Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I got nailed by a flying sheet of plywood witha 2x4 nailed to it.. yes it was windy

IMG_7114.JPG

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Did it fall out of a truck or did someone kick it up as they drove over it? That sucks! Insurance claim?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Long story short I got nailed by a flying sheet of plywood witha 2x4 nailed to it.. yes it was windy

View attachment 237785
Oh god! Insurance ain't gonna like that bill! That fender alone when I had it replaced and resprayed was 1404.00 and you have the windshield and anything else it hit + rental car. That's rough. Hey, glad nobody got hurt thought because I could see that possibly causing some serious issues if it hit somewhere else.

·
Registered
651 Posts
That could have been far worse for you, forget the car. Glad you're OK. She'll be like new in no time!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
While it could have been a lot worse (I knew someone that got impaled by a post coming through the windshield - and lived!) this still really sucks! That's not going to be cheap.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
My brother had a 2X4 come thru his windshield a few years ago. Lucky for him it hit the steering wheel and bounced back out. It could have been much worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.. it will need a new grill, hood, windshield and repair whatever else. Dropping it off at body shop on monday and yes filing insurance claim. It did fly out of the back of a truck that was two cars ahead of me. Car in front of me swerved into shoulder and hit brakes and there was a car next to me so I just took the hit.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Thanks everyone.. it will need a new grill, hood, windshield and repair whatever else. Dropping it off at body shop on monday and yes filing insurance claim. It did fly out of the back of a truck that was two cars ahead of me. Car in front of me swerved into shoulder and hit brakes and there was a car next to me so I just took the hit.
Ohhhh man that's going to be a 4-5k repair honestly if not a touch higher. Man I'd be pissed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts