Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to get a new exhaust for my ST its just stock right now and wanted one that is nice and loud but that also spits anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I've been doing not really seeing or hearing anything i like so far that's why im looking for some suggestions.

·
Registered
163 Posts
well they're pretty much all on there. if you don't like any of the systems you might look into getting a custom exhaust made.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The loudest aftermarket cat-backs are Roush, Borla and Flowmaster. You can go even louder with a muffler and resonator delete on the factory exhaust, but it's raspy. I wanted close to the same sound and volume as the Roush, just without the price tag, so I went the custom route. I talked to Roush and they said they used a straight through muffler, not a resonator as some threads state. So, I had the muffler and the resonator deleted and then had a Pypes M-80 straight through muffler welded in where the resonator was. I went with the M-80 because I'm very framiliar with it from my Camaro days. It's a tiny bit quieter and it doesn't have quite the turbo whistle as the ones stated above, but it is noticeably cleaner and deeper. That is a fair trade off for me, as I cannot stand rasp. Though, it's louder than the Cobb and MBRP style cat-backs.

The muffler and tips I ordered were $40 each and the labor was $120.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
This is the Borla with a stock downpipe and everything is broken in

Here is one with the catless... there's a fly by at 1:50. Use headphones lol.

there is no drone on any setup that I have

Reactions: DaKineST

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Flowmaster sounds amazing! Another buddy of mine has a Borla exhaust on his car which sounds great too. Cant go wrong with either, however the Flowmaster has more pops.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is the Borla with a stock downpipe and everything is broken in

Here is one with the catless... there's a fly by at 1:50. Use headphones lol.

there is no drone on any setup that I have
Thoroughly enjoyed the sound of those exhaust setups that you shared. I can't believe all those pops. I'm curious as to what that sounds like inside.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also be sure to check out Injen's offering if you want loud/cracks and pops. I do miss that exhaust's character some times.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed the sound of those exhaust setups that you shared. I can't believe all those pops. I'm curious as to what that sounds like inside.
I will make a video and show you when I have time..... I will say they are not overly loud when you don't want them to be. But when you do let off at like 5-6 grand they are LOUD. it doesn't happen under 2,000 rpm. I will show all of this in the video

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went with no res and custom flowmaster and all I can say is it doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder lol more like a v6 when that turbo kicks in. So loud on WOT lol always makes me smile the burbling and pops I get. People always compliment me when they hear it or think I'm catless which scares me for when I do go catless lol.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
He doesnt know, @Caleb ST1 needs to wear these while driving his car :crazy:
download.jpg

Reactions: Caleb ST1

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
go on youtube and listen to sound clips. "best exhaust" is completely subjective.
Agreed.
I have the Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package and the exhaust sound is really awesome, but I'm sure that there are a bunch of aftermarket exhaust around here that sound just as good.
Cobb I think is really nice as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agree with the comments that Roush, Borla and Flowmaster are the loudest based on what I have heard. I think you would be happy with any of those if you want a strictly bolt-on kit.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum and will likely go with Mountune when I'm ready to add a cat back system. I want only moderately louder than stock. But hey, I'm an old guy!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I love my FRPP catback but if you're looking for something loud like Caleb's it is not the way to go. I prefer the more subtle sound of mine, though once I go with a high flow dp it will get louder. Regardless of what brand you go with, a high flow or catless dp will change the sound dramatically, not to mention that's the only thing keeping me from stage 3.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got an agency power exhaust with the triple tip and it has its own unique sound with all the pops but the pops are deep, sounds super good in the city, deep and loud, but it's got alittle but too much drone for me at 80mph, but I also have a motor build and bigger turbo with custom DP so that all comes into affect, but if you'd like you can check out my Instagram page j have some clips of the car that sound good.... im_focust is my username

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
"spits"??

Ha Hahahahaha. Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahajhahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts