Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the following mods on my 16 ST, trying to decide where I go next. Don’t have much done cosmetic besides window tint and mud flaps. Would this be considered stage 2 at this point?

Borla cat back exhaust
CP-E front mount intercooler
Cobb access port with JST custom tune
Steeda lowering springs
Green intake filter
CP-E stage 2 RMM
JBR short throw shifter + bushings + knob
25 mm Wheel spacers
NGK cold spark plugs

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah you're """""stage 2""""", throw up a photo! its hard to recommend cosmetic mods without knowing what they are being put on!

If it was up to me, at your point, I would maybe consider a downpipe as well and get an updated tune from JST.

An intake would also be a cool mod, you could get some nice noises out of that. In addition there is also all of the TB performance bracing available that really helps.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
What do you plan on doing with the car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Down pipe and retune. Also ”stages” arent Really a thing. You are almost to full bolts ons (FBO) and tune.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Eeeeeeee30!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Downpipe will open it up nicely.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Downpipe for sure

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Big Turbo/aux fuel/LSD/ upgraded synchros/ big brake kit and all of TB performances bracing . That's what I need. But I suppose you could throw on a downpipe and get a retune 2 LOL.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you have emission testing? If so, buy a defouler too.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Maybe some Cali people can chime in, do they visually inspect the emission equipment? In NC it is just done through the obd port only, cel can’t be on and all monitors must be ready.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Maybe some Cali people can chime in, do they visually inspect the emission equipment? In NC it is just done through the obd port only, cel can’t be on and all monitors must be ready.

From what I gather you can't change the downpipe and pass in Cali. You'll be forced to put everything back to stock.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Let's hope so. Just be aware when you handed down quite a bit will make your exhaust louder. I seen that people have gotten pulled over for loud exhaust or even a bov going off. Then get sent to State ref and forced to put everything back to stock. It's a real PITA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's hope so. Just be aware when you handed down quite a bit will make your exhaust louder. I seen that people have gotten pulled over for loud exhaust or even a bov going off. Then get sent to State ref and forced to put everything back to stock. It's a real PITA.
Yeah I went CP-E catted downpipe so hopefully it's not ungodly loud

1 - 17 of 17 Posts