Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, new here. I just recently purchased a used '15 ST3 off a friend that has a lot and took it in on a trade. It has work done to it including H&R springs and some spacers. Currently equipped is a set of TSW wheels with some 225/40 18's, it looks like **** to be honest, they stick out past the fenders and the other day on the road it shot a rock into the car lol. I'm pretty sure he kept the good setup.

Question is this.. I'm going to buy a set of wheels but I want to go with the widest possible tires that can be fit on this car without rubbing while turning lock to lock and no rubbing when hitting large dips at speed like the ones currently equipped do. What am I looking at on offset and rim width and what tires can I run. I've dug around in the forums and I don't feel comfortable with the answers I'm seeing considering the drop this guy put on the car. H&R springs are really low, eventually I wouldn't mind putting this thing on bags so that it's adjustable. I'm looking at 18's only for rim diameter.

Here's some photo's of the current setup.
Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle
Gun Firearm Games
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
225 gross.. dude must been about the slow and low life and not performance oriented ... 245 with a 18x8.5 +35 will be perfect and you can ditch those spacers, easy to make money on them and those wheels and tires and be into your new setup for "cheaper"

·
Registered
130 Posts
You also have snow tires on. Which is probably why he went with such a narrow Tire. If it were me, I’d do away with spacers and do a wider Tire. I’ve test fit a 255/35r18 on my tsw wheels and I also have H&R springs. They are close and at full lock rub slightly. I run 245/40r18 all year round. Snows and summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Petrolhead

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You also have snow tires on. Which is probably why he went with such a narrow Tire. If it were me, I’d do away with spacers and do a wider Tire. I’ve test fit a 255/35r18 on my tsw wheels and I also have H&R springs. They are close and at full lock rub slightly. I run 245/40r18 all year round. Snows and summers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your TSW wheels, if your signature is correct are 8" wide? What is their offset? Yeah they are defiantly snow tires, which is good because winter is on its way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
225 gross.. dude must been about the slow and low life and not performance oriented ... 245 with a 18x8.5 +35 will be perfect and you can ditch those spacers, easy to make money on them and those wheels and tires and be into your new setup for "cheaper"
Yeah not a fan of the 225 but I get it for snow tires I suppose. I'm not even sure they are spacers and not adapters yet. I have a lift but with all this over time I've been working and I just bought the car last Sat I haven't had time or the energy to mess with it. I hope they are just spacers and not adapters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looking around for a 108 wheel is a real pain.. The way these mass volume websites are layed out is terrible. You can't just sort by lug pattern, diameter, and offset, what a pain the arse. I'm getting to a point where it might be easier just to find a wheel with an offset where I can use an adapter for 114.3's or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts