Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running Stratified for my tune which I love, but I am curious of other pro tuning options and opinions on why you recommend them

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am currently running Stratified for my tune which I love, but I am curious of other pro tuning options and opinions on why you recommend them
Had my car tuned by Justin @ Freektune.

Great tuner, he really knows how to bring out the power in these cars smoothly so you don’t lose the daily drivability.

I’ve run a Stratified flash tune, so comparing that with Freektune is apples to oranges since Justin did a full eTune when I bought my AP.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had my car tuned by Justin @ Freektune.

Great tuner, he really knows how to bring out the power in these cars smoothly so you don’t lose the daily drivability.

I’ve run a Stratified flash tune, so comparing that with Freektune is apples to oranges since Justin did a full eTune when I bought my AP.

How is it similar to comparing apples to oranges? Aren't both tunes for bringing performance out of the car? Did one bring more than the other and is it worth the extra money, in your opinion, to get the custom tune?

I ask because I feel like this may be more of what the OP is asking, and I'm interested myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
How is it similar to comparing apples to oranges? Aren't both tunes for bringing performance out of the car? Did one bring more than the other and is it worth the extra money, in your opinion, to get the custom tune?

I ask because I feel like this may be more of what the OP is asking, and I'm interested myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think it’s an apples/oranges comparison because most of the time when you order a flash tune from Stratified, you don’t get any data log revisions unless you pay extra for them at $50 per revision.

With the Stratified flash tune, the power isn’t predictable and seems to come on too harsh for my driving style. The way Justin has my car tuned, the car responds very predictably to throttle inputs and is very linear. I know exactly what the car is going to do, and when it’s going to do it.

Stratified just doesn’t feel consistent in the throttle and I spend too much energy trying to keep the tyres from spinning off the wheels at random intervals coming out of an apex.

With Freektune, I got 5 revisions where Justin was fine tuning the performance of the car based on 3rd gear WOT pulls from 2500-6500 rpm. The initial eTune is $170 if you didn’t purchase your access port from him, and a $75 add on if you do.

Stratified also offer full tunes that start at $250 and go up from there as you add different features (non-stock turbo +$50, WMI +$75, exhaust crackles +$15...), where Freektune essentially asks “what do you have installed?” For that $170 eTune.

So... most days, if you were to ask me which tune I have loaded, I’ll probably tell you Freektune.

There are times though, when I’m feeling like being especially obnoxious, or going to a cruise-in and will load up my Stratified loud crackle tune, but when the racing starts, I’m loading up the Freektune.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oh God what have you done

Reactions: Manoah
1 - 5 of 5 Posts