Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
It's a 10.5" barrel, so I'll leave the pistol brace on there to stay legal. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weekends I'll get out to the range with it.

I'm relatively new to ARs, what makes you say that about the flash suppressor on mine? Is it a bad design?
The A2 birdcage stlye is a good flash hider on 14.5" plus barrel lengths. On a 10.5 you will be getting a ton of noise/concussive shockwave and flash. Shoot it some, and if its really annoying, then swapping muzzle devices can make it much more shooter friendly.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Ill show another, one of my favorites....

Colt '357' Python 6" AKA ( The wrist breaker ) View attachment 381010
Wristbreaker? Is a super soft shooting revolver.

Heck, you should shoot some full power 10mm, out a polymer frame G20 to boot!!!

Heres some pics of mine, before I sold it. Should have kept it.

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
yes you should have! its a classic.. definitely the dirty harry vibe...
we have Deagle as well.. hits harder but not nearly as loud. the muzzle flash on the python is a show!

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Got a few different ones but right now my EDC is my 9mm USP Compact. I've never found an HK I don't like.
Awww schnapp, I love the two tone USPs! Theres actually the prototype clear frame for one of those for sale on one of my gun forums.

Wicked cool if you run a jet funnel and those higher cap clear mags.

I'm thinking of selling my USP45T, but it has accessory rail damage, and I dumped a ****ton of money into it, lol.

My EDC right now is a VP9, since they released 17rd mags for it this year. Before that it was my MP 2.0.

I'm with you on HK's. I just shoot them very very well. The pistols must have sampled my DNA, validated my german ancestry, and bonded on a molecular level for superior handling and shooting dynamics.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
yes you should have! its a classic.. definitely the dirty harry vibe...
we have Deagle as well.. hits harder but not nearly as loud. the muzzle flash on the python is a show!
Which Deagle?

Not a huge Deagle fan, but out in cali, and NJ etc, it makes sense to have the biggest rounds you can, with a 10rd cap.

·
Super Moderator
6,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
Which Deagle?

Not a huge Deagle fan, but out in cali, and NJ etc, it makes sense to have the biggest rounds you can, with a 10rd cap.
Mark XIX
.44 cuz Cali.. with .50 accessories..

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awww schnapp, I love the two tone USPs! Theres actually the prototype clear frame for one of those for sale on one of my gun forums.

Wicked cool if you run a jet funnel and those higher cap clear mags.

I'm thinking of selling my USP45T, but it has accessory rail damage, and I dumped a ****ton of money into it, lol.

My EDC right now is a VP9, since they released 17rd mags for it this year. Before that it was my MP 2.0.

I'm with you on HK's. I just shoot them very very well. The pistols must have sampled my DNA, validated my german ancestry, and bonded on a molecular level for superior handling and shooting dynamics.
Gotta love USP-Ts. Fun fact, even if it's not in warranty the cost of a new frame from HK is like $125 + shipping if you send it back in. I got mine used (no warranty) and had a shop not know the barrel is reverse threaded so they actually damaged the slide rails trying to get the thread protector off by torquing the **** out of it using the frame as leverage. I got a brand new frame (they did the serial# update paperwork and it was all invisible to me) and they even gave me free internals on the new one and sent my old ones back (gonna put the match trigger in the compact when I get motivated enough to tear it apart). I'll have to check out paofa.org too, that's one I haven't been to yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
Gotta love USP-Ts. Fun fact, even if it's not in warranty the cost of a new frame from HK is like $125 + shipping if you send it back in. I got mine used (no warranty) and had a shop not know the barrel is reverse threaded so they actually damaged the slide rails trying to get the thread protector off by torquing the **** out of it using the frame as leverage. I got a brand new frame (they did the serial# update paperwork and it was all invisible to me) and they even gave me free internals on the new one and sent my old ones back (gonna put the match trigger in the compact when I get motivated enough to tear it apart). I'll have to check out paofa.org too, that's one I haven't been to yet.

Hmmm. If I did I could probably get rid of it all for 1100, maybe. Thats appealing.

I just find the USP45T to be a chonker, it's recoil impulse with that giant slide is just off putting. Hot damn do I shoot it well, but it doesn't sit well with me, go figure! I'm a big guy, with large hands too, it's a weird situation. Also, Im getting out of .45 acp. Thats the big reason.

Hmm, let me think. I did the match trigger, upgraded firing pins to the newer style, threw some fresh Sup Height OEM night sights on it, HK soft case, A ton of mags, refreshed all the springs, recoil assembly, new roll pins. I get crazy when I get a new firearm, just gotta mod it.

I need counseling on my modding disorder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmm. If I did I could probably get rid of it all for 1100, maybe. Thats appealing.

I just find the USP45T to be a chonker, it's recoil impulse with that giant slide is just off putting. Hot damn do I shoot it well, but it doesn't sit well with me, go figure! I'm a big guy, with large hands too, it's a weird situation. Also, Im getting out of .45 acp. Thats the big reason.

Hmm, let me think. I did the match trigger, upgraded firing pins to the newer style, threw some fresh Sup Height OEM night sights on it, HK soft case, A ton of mags, refreshed all the springs, recoil assembly, new roll pins. I get crazy when I get a new firearm, just gotta mod it.

I need counseling on my modding disorder.
What trigger did you put on it? The USP-T comes with the match already or did you go aftermarket? Also, try the Hogue grips, they make a huge difference.

I love the .45 for what it is and am definitely holding onto mine but I would absolutely love to find a USP Elite in 9mm.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
What trigger did you put on it? The USP-T comes with the match already or did you go aftermarket? Also, try the Hogue grips, they make a huge difference.

I love the .45 for what it is and am definitely holding onto mine but I would absolutely love to find a USP Elite in 9mm.
I think I did a spring kit on it. Would explain why I have a set of trigger spring pliers, lol.

I don't have a problem hanging on to it, or traction, its just the slide height compounded with the suppressor height sights is just a large offset from my normal head position from muscle memory. It's a training/feel thing for me. Just weird.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think I did a spring kit on it. Would explain why I have a set of trigger spring pliers, lol.

I don't have a problem hanging on to it, or traction, its just the slide height compounded with the suppressor height sights is just a large offset from my normal head position from muscle memory. It's a training/feel thing for me. Just weird.
Well did you put a suppressor on it? I think we may have found your problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
So what's the problem? Or are you like me where my can is currently living on the new 10mm Vector and you need another can...
Lol, hate to say it, but It's not for me.

My can is living on this

Getting out of .45 is the big reason.

1481 - 1500 of 1518 Posts