Sway Bar: Steeda
Sway Bar End Links: Steeda Adj
Shocks/Struts: Stock front, Koni yellow rear
Exhaust: Buschur Racing Catback
Brake Pads: Mountune RS-R
Brake Fluid: Motul RBF 600
Oil: Red Line 5w30
Air filter: Cobb
Alignment: -1.5 & 1/16" out up front (if I can get that much - camber) and -1.0 & 0 out back
Damn....-1.5 up front. I haven't pulled on anything, etc, but only -1.1.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Right now I'm at about -1 degree as well. I'm determined to get every little bit of movement I can out of the mount holes though lol...probably won't get that much in the end- more of a hopeful target than an expectation!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just had alignment done and it looks like my whaling and beating on the strut with the bolts loose got me a little wiggle- was able to get -1.3 degrees front right and -1.2 front left. Better than the -.5 I was running last year!

·
Registered
456 Posts
My current setup.

Wheels: Stock
Tires: Goodyear F1
Pressures: 41 Front 38-39 Rear
Sway Bar: Stock
Sway Bar End Links: Stock
Shocks/Struts: Stock 2015 - elibach pro-kit
Exhaust: Catless DP, stock exhaust
Break Pads: Stock
Break Fluid: TBD
Oil: Amsoil
Other: Green Filter, VT big mouth, TB & IM spacers,fmic, e30, RMM, short shifter bracket, g1w-c dashcam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
My current setup.

Wheels: Stock
Tires: Goodyear F1
Pressures: 41 Front 38-39 Rear
Sway Bar: Stock
Sway Bar End Links: Stock
Shocks/Struts: Stock 2015 - elibach pro-kit
Exhaust: Catless DP, stock exhaust
Break Pads: Stock
Break Fluid: TBD
Oil: Amsoil
Other: Green Filter, VT big mouth, TB & IM spacers,fmic, e30, RMM, short shifter bracket, g1w-c dashcam

Eibach pro-kits take you out of GS, fmic, tb spacer and among a few things take you even further out of the street/street touring classes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Probably.. Registered as Modified-3 GS at local autocross, no issues.

If you run SCCA then you're be either in DSP or SMF class

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Nothing terribly exciting right now. RSB + endlinks just went on the car last weekend and haven't run with them yet. Not spending money on Konis until the stock struts die.

YR/Model: 2013 ST3 (no sunroof)
Wheels: 17x8 Moda MD18
Tires: Dunlop Direzza ZII StarSpec 245/40/17 (gambled on the shorter gearing due to short local courses)
Pressures: 37F/35R seems to be where the Z2* are happy
Sway Bar: Rear Stranoparts triple adjustable
Sway Bar End Links: Massive Adjustable Rear
Shocks/Struts: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Brake Pads: Hawk HPS (sometimes HP+ on "track" based autocrosses)
Brake Fluid: ATE Superblue (I still have some!)
Oil: Mobil 1
Air filter: Green Filter (w/cap for events)
Alignment: Stock
Small update; after a full 2015 season (around 20-22 events - maybe 130-140 runs since I run doubles sometimes) and 3 2016 (20 runs) events so far (yay Texas), the ZII Stars are just hitting the wear bars and totally cycled out. Pretty much embarrassed me at the last event. Ordered Bridgestones today so I can be like everyone else and hopefully stop coming in 2nd place so much :lol: The ZII SS were too little too late - definitely an improvement over the old ZII and would have been a winning tire in the pre-Hoosierstone world but they could not touch the RE-71s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Small update; after a full 2015 season (around 20-22 events - maybe 130-140 runs since I run doubles sometimes) and 3 2016 (20 runs) events so far (yay Texas), the ZII Stars are just hitting the wear bars and totally cycled out. Pretty much embarrassed me at the last event. Ordered Bridgestones today so I can be like everyone else and hopefully stop coming in 2nd place so much :lol: The ZII SS were too little too late - definitely an improvement over the old ZII and would have been a winning tire in the pre-Hoosierstone world but they could not touch the RE-71s.
I ran Z2 non SS in 2015, Ran 12 events. 5 of those dual driving and 1 day with 3 people driving in a massive event in Maine (loring air force base autocross) The car was spun about 4 times at 70ish MPH on grooved concrete.
I still had reasonable grip at my last event of the year! Im going RE71R this year and would have to imagine ill be buying two sets to get through a similar season. The z2s were my first 200tw tire and spoiled me with longevity.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also managed to beat a Fist and Fost with the hoosierstones regularaly (local club groups FS,GS,and HS together) with my 245 40 Z2s on stock wheels. I cant wait to see what 255 hoosierstones on ultraleggras feels like!

·
Registered
16 Posts
2013 Focus ST3 w/no sunroof

Wheels: OZ Ultraleggera 17x8 et55
Tires: Bridgestone RE-71R 255/40/17
Pressures: Going to start 35F 30R and go from there
Sway Bar: Rear Strano stiff setting
Sway Bar End Links: 10speed endlinks
Shocks/Struts: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Brake Pads: Stock
Brake Fluid: Stock
Oil: Mobil 1
Air Filter: Green Filter With Cap
Alignment: TBD

·
Registered
28 Posts
It seems like you guys use a lot of tire on an 8" rim. I'm in the Miata world where an 8" rim would use a 205. and a 9" would be 225. 225 on a 9" rim in STR is proven faster than a 245. Just different type of car I guess.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts